2.1 system within 17-18K...please advise...

pratapaditya

Hi Everyone,

I had earlier decided on the Sonodyne PQUBE and had slected the Samsung DVD480R as source. But when I went to the store to buy the PQUBE, the audition really put me off. It was hardly fit for music listening, with very poor bass performance. As i learned, it was multipurpose speaker, and not meant exclusively for music. It was currently going for 11500 ( at a discount of 26%).

The next thing I was shown was the EXBAR, a sound bar which was distinctly better than the PQUBE but 7k dearer. I dont like the bar solution, neither was it very impressive for the price.

Can the experts here suggest something for me in the range of 17-18K? I need to listen to good music in my bedroom, that's all. No TV or Gaming.

The demonstrator suggested a Sonodyne amp and subwoofer with 2 genie speakers for about 25k, way beyond my budget.

Please HELP.

buddy go for a norge amp+ wharfedale daimond 9.2+cd player and it will be all good in

20k and you wil have one good system.

music is purely stereo.. if u still need more bass.. gradually upgrade and add a sub later on.

buddy go for a norge amp+ wharfedale daimond 9.2+cd player and it will be all good in

20k and you wil have one good system.

music is purely stereo.. if u still need more bass.. gradually upgrade and add a sub later on.

Norge amp has sub out ?

Hi Everyone,

I had earlier decided on the Sonodyne PQUBE and had slected the Samsung DVD480R as source. But when I went to the store to buy the PQUBE, the audition really put me off. It was hardly fit for music listening, with very poor bass performance. As i learned, it was multipurpose speaker, and not meant exclusively for music. It was currently going for 11500 ( at a discount of 26%).

The next thing I was shown was the EXBAR, a sound bar which was distinctly better than the PQUBE but 7k dearer. I dont like the bar solution, neither was it very impressive for the price.

Can the experts here suggest something for me in the range of 17-18K? I need to listen to good music in my bedroom, that's all. No TV or Gaming.

The demonstrator suggested a Sonodyne amp and subwoofer with 2 genie speakers for about 25k, way beyond my budget.

Please HELP.

The best musical speaker u can buy is AudioEngine A5:)

U have to get the norge shipped from Mumbai and Wharfdale are availabe at SKS traders at sarat bose road,kolkata(PH-03324864064,9831163529,9433001006)

Or Try Altec Lansing ULTRA - MX6021, 2.1 system priced at around Rs 13,500
comes with 6.5" sub woofer and company rates the power 200w RMS so decently it will have power around 80W RMS.

Last edited:
Ok i am new here trying to understand ..,Why is no one speaking about Swans M50W 2.1 multimedia speakers ?? Are these purely for computers ??

Hi Everyone,

Please HELP.

Norge Amps are good but the bass is quite low in low volume also there is no loudness option. But whatever you buy pls listen practically to the system and buy it. if you are a bass lover then really it's difficult to find a amp which gives the bass of olden days cassette decks?? home theatre concept is junk for listening music. Also make sure you buy a good source (cd/dvd player) use original music cds.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back