4k Confirmation True or False

Dreambo

I have an older Onkyo TX NR676. I was using it as an AV receiver to play BD movies through my external speakers and all. I had a Pioneer Elite display. For 20 years it gave me error-free and wonderful service. Yet, just recently died. It was the power board issue.
So I bought at a decent price the VZIO P65C-84 OLED Pro. While playing 4k discs, through the old Onkyo..tI noticed, there appears to be NO confirmation of 4k or even Dolby Vision if on board...although the piece was a 4k "pass through."
I tried and tried to wonder why I could not get confirmation of 4k only 1080P. I have finally realized..that pass-through is just that pass-through but not "Native." Am I correct to stop beating myself up and my knees troubleshooting different inputs thinking that the confirmation would appear? After all the Onkyo is PASS Through 4k right?
I do get confirmation from direct input from my BD player..OPPO, to the display perfectly. So, it's not the Vizio. But then I can't get that sound through the receiver speakers for a 7.1 set-up, I crave as from the beginning.
I tried eARC..That can get the sound through my speakers, yet NO confirmation of 4k...yet again.

So, I am going to have to buy another AV receiver that won't put me through it anymore...just to receive, my confirmations to settle down my OCD condition. LOL

Does anyone have any responses?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back