5.1 Audio over wifi??

amandalia

Hi,

following is the system installed at my place..

- Epson Tw8000 3d Projector
- Denon 1311 receiver
- Samsung 3d BDP C6900 (wifi ready)
- Paradigm ct90 5.1 speakers.

I'm planning to buy a hard disk media player, probably a WD device, i want to know whether i can get 5.1 sound through wifi??

i.e if i connect my 1tb hard-disk to my network (Wifi router), and connect the either the media player or my blu-ray player thru wifi and still get 5.1 output???

Can anyone guide me on whether this kind of set-up is possible and how??

Bhavesh.

Yes definitely wifi n has a lot of bandwidth. I have used to stream bluray rips video with dd or dts audio over wifi to my asus Oplay air. Video skipping occurs only in case of unzipped blurays.

Yes definitely wifi n has a lot of bandwidth. I used to stream bluray rips video with dd or dts audio over wifi to my asus Oplay air. Video skipping occurs only in case of unripped blurays 40 gb files

Last edited:
Yes definitely wifi n has a lot of bandwidth. I used to stream bluray rips video with dd or dts audio over wifi to my asus Oplay air. Video skipping occurs only in case of unripped blurays 40 gb files

Okay thanks, so how it works?? you connect your hard disk to your wifi router and asus Oplay connects to your router?? Since you have used asus, do you suggest asus or Wd live? and any idea price of asus oplay air in indian market??

thanks again!

bhavesh

Yes connect the drive to the router and feed in the spa security key into the asus. The drive opens like a USB disk the only difference is that it is wireless.

Asus Oplay air is for 5500 to 6500 bucks.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back