5.1 output from F&D F6000u - Please help

Sateeshsai

My first post.

I have a f&d f6000u, an led TV with two HDMi ins, a macbook and a windows laptop.

How do I get true 5.1 output in my speakers while watching the video on my TV via HDMI?

What converter/device should I use to get 5.1 output from my analog F&D F6000u speakers?

Should I buy a Dvd player with 5.1 output? If yes, please suggest one with USB, HDMI out for video and the capability to play modern formats.

Or should get this converter? If yes, what is going to be the input in to this device?
Digitalbay| HDMI| HD Media player| HDMI Splitter| Digtal Bay

I have been reading a lot of forums.. But very confused. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you guys!

folliwng are your options

Ur watching TV via HDMI using what ? Ur source must be HD cable/DVD player or AV Receiver?

DVD player with 5.1 analog output- any dvd player is fine for the purpose. they all provide true 5.1. Now DVD player does not take input of any other source so whatever u play on DVD player via USB or dvd only that will come in true 5.1. Thats the limitation.

HD Cable box: tatasky /D2H etc have coaxial/optical outputs at the back which gives 5.1. U need this converter to convert optical/coaxial into analog 5.1 so that uc an connect it to F&D:
Cable Dolby Digital AC3 DTS PRO Optical TO Analog 5 1 LR Audio Converter Decoder | eBay

External USB sound card that u can connect to any PC/Laptop . The card has 5.1 analog connections. Whatever u play on computer will go to F&D in true analog 5.1. An example of best sound card:
Creative Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5 1 USB Sound Card FOR PC MAC Desktop | eBay

Hope that helps

I would suggest get a good receiver. That way you can get 5.1 output from settop box, DVD or even PS3 without plugging unplugging wires.

Something like this: VSX-522-K - 5.1-Channel 3D Ready A/V Receiver | Pioneer Electronics USA

Keep a eye on the 'Sale by Owner' section and you would get a good receiver in no time. Additionally would give you enough flexibility if you want to upgrade your speakers later on.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back