7.1 or 5.1 : the last Kick to send me on the Moon

sushantsah

Hi

Fm suggested Denon 1200X priced approx 42 to 45K
Denon is 7.1 / atmos / 4k / dual channel / many other features

But many FMs told Denon 1200 is a bit underpower ??? to run
5.1 (POLK TSx 440T tower pair, polk 250 centre, subwhoof roar/polk, 2 surround)

7.1 good powerful avr like denon 2200
and other company is getting 20K more, out of budget

----- My idea is now to get a more powerful 5.1 avr than 7.1 with lot of features

WHAT YOU ALL SUGGEST TO BUY

1. a good 5.1 avr, i need wifi, bluetooth, pendrive, 5.1 features
(will it become totally obsolete in 3-5 years)

or

2. full of features 7.1 denon 1200 - MORE FUTURE PROOF
(but a bit underpower avr)

please suggest avr in range 50K

As i will be going to delhi ncr coming week for the final purchase...

as told many times in old threads, my usage is 40% eng movies, 40% ps games, 20% music), room size 10x18

regards
sushant

The X1200W will also work but if you need more power then invest in a power amp to drive the floor standers. Also note that denon may launch x2300 avr in this month. So if youre in luck you may get x2200 at a discount. Check with dealer. The rest of the setup looks ok and you may want to get a better subwoofer like velodyne, but that would be a litte more expensive.

The Polk TSx 440T floorstanders are fairly efficient (91dB) and an easy load to drive (8 ohms).

The Denon AVR-X1200 should have no problem powering those speakers to over 100dB levels (really loud) even if you're sitting 12ft (4m) away. The amps in the Denon X2200 will only be 0.6dB louder (a difference of less than 1dB is difficult to hear).

So it's not worth spending the extra money for the X2200 when the X1200 will work just as well with those speakers.

The Polk TSx 440T floorstanders are fairly efficient (91dB) and an easy load to drive (8 ohms).

The Denon AVR-X1200 should have no problem powering those speakers to over 100dB levels (really loud) even if you're sitting 12ft (4m) away. The amps in the Denon X2200 will only be 0.6dB louder (a difference of less than 1dB is difficult to hear).

So it's not worth spending the extra money for the X2200 when the X1200 will work just as well with those speakers.

please explain the two terms (sorry i am a noobie, my bad)

1. fairly efficient (91dB)
2. an easy load to drive (8 ohms)

Let' see. db means decibels.
any speaker rating 89 and above in db would be considered efficient in going loud.
The more efficient the db number, the easier they are to go loud, using less power.
an 85 db efficiency speaker will require more power(watts) to get the same loudness compared to a 91 db speaker.
Ohms is resistance. 6 to 8 ohms are considered standard resistance in home theater speakers. a 4 ohm speaker will suck more power from the amplifier compared to an 8 ohm speaker. hence 4 ohm speakers require more robust amplification, where the amplifier does not get stressed delivering the demanding power from the 4ohm speaker.
Of course there are variables involved with the material being played back on any giving system.

^^^^^ What he said.
an 85 db efficiency speaker will require more power(watts) to get the same loudness compared to a 91 db speaker.
Yup, will require about 4 times as much wattage to compensate for 6dB less efficiency in your example.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back