A hi res player or Dac

kane

Hi Everyone,

I love listening to Music more than movies but my current setup ..Which is an onkyo sr608 with andrew jones bookheves and a yamaha center speaker and bass provided by a polk sub.

The music input is via an iPod that airplay to my airport express and from there via the optical output to the amp.

The music sounds ok and tonal separation is not great. the same when i use my android tv box an andoer z4 and play music from the drive it sounds marginally better than the iPod .

Is there a way to get any more tonal separation ( the music is clear though)

I was thinking may be a player like x5 or x3 with its coax out would help or is there any other device which can help me achieve that without spending more than 18k.

Appreciate thoughts inputs on the same.

Most of the attributes that you are talking are the attributes of the DAC in Onkyo. There is hardly much the digital transport can do. At least in your budget range.

If you have a windows laptop/PC, try BugHead player and connect it to your AVR through HDMI. If you are in Mac, you can give Izotope filter of Audirvana. Both are well known for soothing out the digital chain.

Most of the attributes that you are talking are the attributes of the DAC in Onkyo. There is hardly much the digital transport can do. At least in your budget range.

If you have a windows laptop/PC, try BugHead player and connect it to your AVR through HDMI. If you are in Mac, you can give Izotope filter of Audirvana. Both are well known for soothing out the digital chain.

Thanks for the Input, used that as direction to come up with this

I removed the Ipod from the equation and replaced it with a Note 2 that i had lying around. got the Neutron player from the google playstore and now the music is sounding way better.

btw are you from Gearheads i remember seeing the same display pic there as well. Love your Photographs

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back