Advice for Denon X550BT which "trips" sometimes

vishalrao

Hello folks!

I have a so-called 3-phase protector device fixed after my electricity meter box that cuts off supply for at least 2 minutes for over or under voltage, and I have a so-called pure sine wave inverter for whole-home backup in UPS mode which works well for all my devices in the house - TVs, my HTiB set, my PC, smaller stuff like wifi devices etc.

I have a Denon X550BT which will sometimes "trip" (make a click sound while "restarting" or toggling itself off and on) when the inverter kicks in to switchover and switch back (during power cuts or voltage goes out of its UPS-mode range) which seems like the AVR's power supply is very sensitive.

Is there a quick/simple solution I can apply to prevent this? Like some devices have power adapters (bricks) that apparently retain some charge for brief enough duration to withstand the inverter switching delay (even though it claims to be under 20ms) so these devices continue to work uninterrupted.

Any advice or suggestions?

Thank you!

Cheap solution: get a servo stabilizer and connect to the AVR (1kva is enough if you only connect the AVR alone).

Costlier but comparatively better solution: buy a Static voltage stabilizer, where it's correction time is extremely less, ie: less than 10ms which would keep the voltage very stable.

I'm using the same AVR and faced similar issues several times in a day, which left us all really frustrated.
Then found a local provider who's specialized in making the servo stabilizers, and contact him and bought a 2kva, where I've connected the AVR and the TV.. after that things got great where i haven't faced any issues till now. It's been 2 yrs now, going great guns.

Spent 11k but really worthy. It's correction time is around 10ms.

Note: I'm staying in a semi-urban TN area where low voltage issues are very common. So accordingly I've got a high range stab (130v - 250v)...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back