Amp for Zensor 7

rajivaryan1984

Hi FM's

I am planning to create a stereo setup with my Zensor 7 only for music listening. Should I use a Power AMP ? Integrated AMP or a DAC ? I already have PM7005. Will it be a good combination for music or should I sell it away for another power amplifier ? Kindly help

Regards....

Hi FM's

I am planning to create a stereo setup with my Zensor 7 only for music listening. Should I use a Power AMP ? Integrated AMP or a DAC ? I already have PM7005. Will it be a good combination for music or should I sell it away for another power amplifier ? Kindly help

Regards....

What do you find lacking with the 7005? It has a built-in DAC. How is it with the Dali? The amp had recorder out, I am guessing you could use a power amp through that. That should give more grunt to drive the big Dalis.

MaSh

Which one to use ? Please recommend some good amps ? And if I need to use a Power AMp then why to use an extra integrated amp ? Am I correct

Which one to use ? Please recommend some good amps ? And if I need to use a Power AMp then why to use an extra integrated amp ? Am I correct
Where are you located? You'd have to audition various amps with your speakers to know what sounds good to you.

There are many FMs here who have Nad+Dali combination and it sounds really good.

MaSh

Hi FM's

Regards....
I guess..You already have cxn v2. You just need a power amp to complete it.
Cxn v2 is steamer/DAC/preamp.

Last edited:
Friends, this is my current setup which I am planning for my living room in the new apartment ---

Zensor 7 (Front)
Zensor Vokal (Centre)
SVS PB1000 (Sub Woofer)
Zensor 1 (Surround)
Phantom E-80 (Atmos Ceiling Speakers)
Denon AVR X4500 or Marantz 6013
Cambridge CXN V2
Marantz CD6006
Sony UHD Player
Rest like - Tata Sky Setup Box, PS4, Xbox One, Apple TV, Nvidia Shield

Now if I want to use the same set for Music as well as Movies both, then which Power AMP should be used and how I can use the speakers for both the purpose ? Please guide me...

Friends, this is my current setup which I am planning for my living room in the new apartment ---

Zensor 7 (Front)
Zensor Vokal (Centre)
SVS PB1000 (Sub Woofer)
Zensor 1 (Surround)
Phantom E-80 (Atmos Ceiling Speakers)
Denon AVR X4500 or Marantz 6013
Cambridge CXN V2
Marantz CD6006
Sony UHD Player
Rest like - Tata Sky Setup Box, PS4, Xbox One, Apple TV, Nvidia Shield

Now if I want to use the same set for Music as well as Movies both, then which Power AMP should be used and how I can use the speakers for both the purpose ? Please guide me...

What you have listed seems good enough...you can use the same AVRs for music as well as movies....I myself use the SR series from Marantz SR6009 and it does an excellent job for both....

Both the AVRs you selected have enough juice to drive the speakers...how big is the hall / living room?

It would be recommended you hear both the AVRs and decide which one works for your budget. requirement and performance. The auto calibration will take care of speaker levels and tones etc etc,,,

If your living room is too big then you can consider adding a 2 channel power amp for the front speakers only......

Yes buddy the living room is big. Now I do have have Marantz PM7005 but I am sure it cannot be integrated with the above AVR. I need a Power AMP which can be integrated with the above AVR and I can listen to Music when I want and use the same FS speakers for movies. Can you please recommend some good Power Amps known for music and can be well integrated with he above AVR's.

Marantz has power amps....you can also look at Emotiva which seem to pair and work well with Denon / Marantz AVRs

Thanks Any specific model you can suggest which is doing well for FM’s. Also how about Cambridge CX A80. Any recommendation please

Thanks Any specific model you can suggest which is doing well for FM’s. Also how about Cambridge CX A80. Any recommendation please
Adding a integrated amp to cxn is of no point..
I have used cxn for 2 years.. so I know everything about it.
Just add a good 2 channel power amp for that money.. you will sound to which the cxa 80 cannot be compared.

You can ask @drkrack he owns cxn..
And a stereo power amp.

Thanks Prateek..Can somebody please suggest me a good power amp which can be used in my setup for Music purpose.

If you see the Dali Zensor 7 specs, it is rated at 6 ohms and requires amplification between 40 to 150 watts ....the x4500 or SR6013 is more than capable to handle this speaker.....after audyssey setup , if you still feel some output lacking, you can manually increase the speaker levels for these Dali Z7 and enjoy....

Would suggest not to jump immediately to adding a power amp just yet!

FYI..we have a FM from Bangalore who used the Dali Z7 with a Marantz NR1606 for close to 2 years and there was never an issue of playback!

Would suggest first use either the SR6013 or X4500 for a week or two and then check if you really need a power amp for the front speakers....

Most Power amps have specific connectivity options like RCA or XLR etc....so check all specs before deciding on a model or brand and then finalise before purchase.

BTW, you have not actually revealed how long is the Living Room or Hall where this system will be placed? What is the distance from sitting area / couch from the proposed placement of the Dali Z7?

The Emotiva A300 is good enough to deliver 150 watts per channel...one of our FMs and my dear friend used it for almost a year before upgrading to Creek...there are other brands also you can consider like Rotel or Crown etc.......connectivity is very important....you need to get the pairing right!

You may take opinion of FM @Love4sound , he has recently added power to his Denon AVR x4500h. At the same time FM @Amarendra has also added integrated amplifier to his Denon AVR x2500h . Both may be in the good position to explain the pros and cons of additional power amplifier. Last year FM @celester340 has added Emotiva A-300 to his Marantz SR6009 and was happy with the performance of combo. Emotiva A-300 has good reviews and considered as one of the great power amplifier for money. No idea about QSC DCA 1222 but have seen many cinema theaters equipped with QSC products. I am also curious to know FM experience on the sound quality of AVR+Power amplifier vs dedicated stereo/integrated Amplifier. This may clean the dust from age old topic.

If you don’t need auro 3d best go with 6013 and and an external amp for your mains. IMO for a HT set up if you are going for external amps always go for LCR and not a 2 channel amp for just LR. The front stage should be even in power and sound. If don’t care about budget you can very well go for 4500 which is a wonderful avr. It will easily drive the zensor 7.

It is an Digital Cinema amplifier mostly used in Professional Cinema Theaters...Heard good things about this..
Priced reasonably as well. When I was looking for a PA I was immediately sold by QSC,only draw back for me is all their models are in 2 and 4 channels

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back