Amplifier and Sub for Cambridge Audio S30

mohit.d

Hey Guys,

I started off with buying a Logitech Z2300 around 6 years ago. About 3 years back I replaced the satellites with a pair of S30s, and I am really happy with the sound.

I listen to EDM(vocal/uplifting trance, trance and electro house mainly) primarily with a bit of other genres too. I'm not particularly fond of the highs but I do love deep, clear, and roomy mids with tight bass(a lot of it).

This setup has served me well all these years but now I'm facing a lot of noise and distortion.

I would like to add an amp now. I've heard a lot about Norge amps. The CA Azur 351A and Marantz 6005s are way out of my budget.

I don't mind retaining the Z2300's sub for the time being but I'm open to suggestions.

I would like to keep the budget as low as possible. I'm willing to shell out about 35000 for both, the amp and sub. i could stretch it a bit in order to future proof the system.

All suggestions are welcome. Thanking you'll in advance!

I dont think topping amp will serve his Music taste and SUB addition, I have the topping and S30 Combo which I bought after reading the review then realized that topping s 30 can be good for small rooms, but does not match the dynamics and quality of my Marantz pm 6001,adding a sub with topping dint do well with speaker line in and outs , my suggestion is going for micro system such as marantz mcr503 which has a sub out and CD player.

yes,my suggestion is going for micro system such as marantz mcr503 which has a sub out and CD player. thanks
w24mVL

Hi Mohit D

If you are open to obtaining good second hand equipment, you may want to look at the classified websites where there are good deals within your budget....look at threads For Sale by Owner. Here is something from HiFI Ads

Highland Audio Dord 265 Active Subwoofer for Urgent sale - HiFiADS.com

Sonodyne SiA320 - HiFiADS.com

The Sonodyne amp has a pre out which can be connected to a subwoofer. Alternatively you can go for a brand new amp now and later invest in a subwoofer...

Integrated Amplifier

Ensure that the amplifier you go for has a sub woofer / LFE out or has Pre Out.

Hope this helps....

Thank you so much for your reply guys. I went and purchased a Norge 2060 amplifier on the suggestion of a friend and I don't regret the decision. It may not be as good as high end amps but is definitely worth the 10,000 I paid for it. Plus it hasn't burnt in yet so I expect the sound to get warmer.

I'm now finding my existing sub insufficient for my room(around 200 sq. ft.)
I have a budget of 25-30,000 and I'd like something that's fast and goes low.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you'll in advance.

Maybe a wharfedale sw150(32k on hifimart) ? Specs look good. Plus it's a sealed design. Should sound tight. For some reason I like the bass coming out of 10" woofers in a sealed cabinet (I too listen too a lot of Edm) :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back