Any experience or opinions with US Audio Mart & Audiogon websites

Nitin K

Hi Friends,
Has anyone bought any audio equipment from these sites & are they genuine ?

Thanks,
Nitin

Yes, they are like parallel industry. But, as a thumb rule, always pay by PayPal. Not sure if you know or not, PayPal payments have buyers protection involved.

The sites are genuine and have done several transactions on them.

Yes, they are like parallel industry. But, as a thumb rule, always pay by PayPal. Not sure if you know or not, PayPal payments have buyers protection involved.

The sites are genuine and have done several transactions on them.

Thanks a lot Bornfi. Since you get some decent stuff there at reasonable rates. I had done a paypal transaction just once so I don't have much idea about it, but really appreciate & thankful for the guidance. Only issue is the customs duty here. But I don't think as of now due to the Covid situation, they may not ship to India for the time being.

I second that. Both sites are legit. Use PayPal for any international transactions where such an option is available. You just have to create an account and link your card/bank account to it. The currency conversion charges maybe a touch high, but it's worth going through PayPal option when buying or selling on Audiogon, Ebay & any such foreign websites.

Hi Friends,
Has anyone bought any aud

Audiogon and USaudiomart sites are genuine. But as far as I know, it is not possible to ship directly to India atleast not via proper website channel. But we can discuss with that particular seller and request to ship on his own. I checked if Audiogon can ship one item directly to India but I got a message like "can't ship to specified address".
Usaudiomart website doesn't even allowed me to signup as it detected that I am India.

I bought a preamplifier from Audiogon just one week ago but shipped it to my friends address living in USA. My friend will hand carry that while coming to India.

I thought of using International Parcel Service like shop2ship.com but dropped that Idea because of so many restrictions imposed on pre-owned gears by India Customs. They may charge you a hefty penalty in addition to import duty taxes for preowned items as Anti-Dumping law is in place.

I have bought few high end wires from audiogon which were delivered to my relatives in states and then hand carried to india.

Usaudiomart and their Canada version probably list items which are cheaper but sitting in india you can not just sign up and also buy from them. They just block itp address I guess.

Audiogon's moderators/customer service is also great. Once I was given very low rating buy a seller. I raised the issue with moderators and after going through all the messages I had with seller he immediately removed that negative rating.

That audiogon rep chatted with me almost whole night. He seemed very happy that someone from India is buying though thats is not big deal for them.

Thanks for the info Sathtom & Rsjaurr. I can have it delivered to my nephew in the US. Even if by chance they happen to ship directly to India the logistics & customs duty will negate the low sale price benefit.

Last edited:
US audio mart is genuine.
Secondly would recommend HIFI shark for buying audio gear .
Have purchased few audio equipment thro them.

People in the western world are less likely to crook you as compared to India . Sorry for my bias , but have that experience in India which is not good. Respect, morals , family values , honesty etc , righteousness is missing .

Thx -

Last edited:
Have purchased from Audiogon; very professional setup. Buying used items is an issue if is not handcarried to India.

US audio mart is genuine.
Secondly would recommend HIFI shark for buying audio gear .
Have purchased few audio equipment thro them.

People in the western world are less likely to crook you as compared to India . Sorry for my bias , but have that experience in India which is not good. Respect, morals , family values , honesty etc , righteousness is missing .

Thx -
USaudiomart is very genuine, I live in Philadelphia and have been selling on USAM for years now. I used to sell on Audiogon but USAM is free and the buyers & sellers are more serious. The prices on A’gon are usually higher

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back