Anyone experienced the Apple Vision Pro?

Seems to be a very innovative gadget.

If it delivers what is said to be its features, it can even replace existing TV or Projector as of Home Entertainment is concerned of course for the people who can afford

Also it brings a new dimension in the way we do our desktop work, using simple gestures, no need of any Monitors

Having a Video Chat is another awesome thing and will give different experience

Yes. It seems to be a personal wearable portable Mobile phone-PC, TV AV entertainment device all in one. Audacious concept.
Ugly to look at in its current avatar, (but that’s just my opinion)
I am sure it will evolve towards the shape a pair of spectacles and cost less over time.

The concept is not new. Meta Quest 2/3 VR headsets have most of the features. Apple is more refined and quite a bit more expensive.

I have the Rifts S and the Quest 2.

The concept is not new. Meta Quest 2/3 VR headsets have most of the features. Apple is more refined and quite a bit more expensive.

I have the Rifts S and the Quest 2.
As you have experience with these, other than Apple which one would you recommend?
Do they come with a separate radio (Sim card connection)?

As you have experience with these, other than Apple which one would you recommend?
Do they come with a separate radio (Sim card connection)?
Meta Quest 3 is the latest version. Oculus Rift S is the earlier version, then the Quest 2 and now the Quest 3 and maybe soon, Quest 4.

I would recommend the Meta Quest 3. Quest 2 does not have a sim card and I don't think the Quest 3 does either.

If one has a VR compatible computer, both the Quest 2 and the Quest 3 can be connected to it via the Air Link or via a connected cable. Steam games on the computer which can be played on the VR headset is a lot cheaper than the Oculus/ Meta games that can be played directly on the headset by downloading the same.

Meta Quest 3 is the latest version. Oculus Rift S is the earlier version, then the Quest 2 and now the Quest 3 and maybe soon, Quest 4.

I would recommend the Meta Quest 3. Quest 2 does not have a sim card and I don't think the Quest 3 does either.

If one has a VR compatible computer, both the Quest 2 and the Quest 3 can be connected to it via the Air Link or via a connected cable. Steam games on the computer which can be played on the VR headset is a lot cheaper than the Oculus/ Meta games that can be played directly on the headset by downloading the same.
Thanks. Very helpful.
So all of these are tethered to a computer of some kind?
I was hoping for a wearable device that can be used to watch Streaming TV without being connected with wires to another device/computer.
There was one like that on demo at the Bangalore what Hifi show some months ago. Can’t remember the details though.

Thanks. Very helpful.
I was hoping for a wearable device that can be used to watch Streaming TV without being connected with wires to another device/computer.
There was one like that on demo at the Bangalore what Hifi show some months ago. Can’t remember the details though.
For streaming TV, the Meta Quest connects to your Wi-Fi network and uses the native streaming app like Netflix. Which means you will be consuming another device from your Netflix (or similar app) subscription. I haven’t tried casting a TV stream to the Meta Quest yet.

Thanks. Very helpful.

The quest 2/3 are standalone devices which can also be connected to a computer if required. You can watch Netflix, YouTube nativily on the quest over wifi.

During my recent trip to US I happened to take a demo of Apple Vision Pro. The Apple Vision Pro is MAC clubbed with advanced VR. It controls were managed thru eye and fingers. The advanced image processing is something which you cannot describe in words. They have customized options for someone who has prescription glasses so that the vision is absolute without any compromise. The only issue which I found out was the battery life, currently it lasts only for appx 2 hrs and with AI OS getting released this year this tech gadget will be game changer. However the Apple pricing of US$ 3500 is way out of budget for even an American buyer.

Lets wait and watch when they bring this to India.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back