Apple tv 4k vs Nvedia shield

Phani24

Hi,
i am using apple tv 4k for streaming and zidoo for hdd . How us nvidia shield compare to Apple tv 4k in streaming. As for hdd zidoo is good for me.Need suggestions on streaming.

Hi,
I use all 3 devices you mentioned in my system regularly. I have different use case for each device.
Same as you, I use Apple TV for streaming and Zidoo for HDD BluRay Remuxes.

For streaming, nothing comes close to Apple TV. If you need Shield TV only for streaming, it's is not as good as Apple TV.

ATV4K is best for OTT streaming while I use nvidia shield tv pro for local content streaming off of a NAS and HDD. As mentioned earlier, ATV4K has an edge over other devices especially streaming ATV+, Netflix, PrimeVideo like contents in India. Nvidia shield is very good if you watch a lot of BDRips and also share that with other friend via a Plex server.
I've recently tried using Plex client on ATV4K (ATV4K plex client streaming from Plex server running on nvidia shield tv pro while content is on a NAS) and it was good experience, need to try more before I can comment, I have used Infuse pro on ATV4K in the past for local streaming, it was great but not that feature rich as Plex client. I guess when I use the plex client on ATV4K as I mentioned above, it does some transcoding and may be loosing some quality / performance there, need to get into more details on that part but if that one device can do all, it'll be great!
I have no experience with Ziddo.

I am also considering this question

Can you all elaborate what are the benefits of streaming ott on apple TV over shield? Is it measurable like bitrate less ads etc or something intangible?
I find the Apple TV audio better for streaming, it almost feels EQ’d up. Plus Apple TV is smooth and Shield over time slows down.

I am using shield Tv pro for the last more than 4 years without any glitch or slow down except that it's RC went kaput. Always contemplated to buy ATV 4K but anti-customization factor in ATV always puts me off as you cannot use Kodi on it. Also, it does not support any of the dts formats which I am fan off. I don't believe in make shifting. Decoding is a decoding. The solid display of the Audio codec of the media I am playing gives me a great sense of gratification. The moment my AVR displays DTS X or HDMA, my eyes get lit up. This is where ATV lacks.

I have recently started using Zidoo. Here's the comparison between shield & Zidoo

So, if customization and the DTS factor is not your thing, then ATV 4K would be the wise choice, I guess.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back