ARCAM AVR21 vs. Marantz Cinema 30

saumitra

Hi,
I am planning to upgrade my AVR, currently using Denon X4700H, considering to get either the Arcam AVR21 or Marantz Cinema 30. I have a 7.1.2 soeakers setup with KEF front towers (Q750) & center (Q650C) + XTZ Edge sub-woofer. My primary usage is movies & webseries etc., with occasional music listening, with a BDP plus TataSky HD box plus Fire stick (HD max) being the primary sources. Since I have a separate stereo setup, the AVR setup is more for movies, webseries only.

Any recommendation on which one between these 2 - Arcam AVR21 & Marantz Cinema 30 - would be a better choice?
Both are similarly priced but Marantz one support more channels than the Arcam (11 vs. 7). Since I have a stereo amp. already as part of the setup, 7 channels (+2 using AVR pre-amp ports) would work fine for me.
While I am more inclined towards Marantz Cinema 30, the AV expert I am buying the equipment from says Arcam is better.

Any input?

Hi,
I am planning to upgrade my AVR, currently using Denon X4700H, considering to get either the Arcam AVR21 or Marantz Cinema 30. I have a 7.1.2 soeakers setup with KEF front towers (Q750) & center (Q650C) + XTZ Edge sub-woofer. My primary usage is movies & webseries etc., with occasional music listening, with a BDP plus TataSky HD box plus Fire stick (HD max) being the primary sources. Since I have a separate stereo setup, the AVR setup is more for movies, webseries only.

Any recommendation on which one between these 2 - Arcam AVR21 & Marantz Cinema 30 - would be a better choice?
Both are similarly priced but Marantz one support more channels than the Arcam (11 vs. 7). Since I have a stereo amp. already as part of the setup, 7 channels (+2 using AVR pre-amp ports) would work fine for me.
While I am more inclined towards Marantz Cinema 30, the AV expert I am buying the equipment from says Arcam is better.

Any input?
Any specific reason for looking for upgrade as 4700 is also good.

Hi,

Any input?
Arcam AVR21 would be the ideal choice. Nothing against Marantz but Arcam/Anthem are in a different ball game altogher.

Saumitra... instead of upgrading the entire amplifier.... consider just upgrading the front left and right channels by putting a fosi V3 monoblocks next gen in the signal path. In case you have pre outs .....?

Any specific reason for looking for upgrade as 4700 is also good.
Once an electronic equipment goes to the service center, it never behaves flawlessly. My Denon had an issue with one channel, was serviced during warranty period. Since then, I have had this issue of the AVR shutting down occasionally when there is a scene with big booming soound. Instead of getting it repaired again, now that it's out of warranty, I want to get rid of it and buy another more powerful AVR.

3.5L for Marantz Cinema 30 & 3.75L for Arcam AVR21
I would suggest you to do audition of both and decide.
I like Anthem and Arcam over Marantz and based on past experience I prefer Arcam over Anthem based on the reliability.
Arcam offer 5 year warranty.

Arcam 850 had lot of bugs, I still use Arcam 850. I assume they have fixed bugs in newer models.
Online you find less users of Arcam compared to Anthem.
Arcam use very big transformer with 1.5kW rating and their top models are using Class G amplification.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back