ATV4K + Infuse v/s Nvidia Shield TV Pro + Plex

Ketan

Hello Folks,

I have these two setup, I'd like to take your opinion if you have experienced both of them for playing Local Media. I have found ATV4K does slightly better job at streaming OTT sometimes. However, I have heard a lot about Shield TV Pro preferred for playing the local media.
Has anyone done some detailed analysis of their capacities for playing local media over a NAS, connected to 2.5GBe port.
I have recently found that even with the Infuse I am able to play the 4K HDR with the DA/DV and also the True HD 7.1 media fine.
Is there a better way to stream/get/play HDR movies!! Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Not going into theory and analytics, there is clear difference between these setups, with Nvidia Pro on the better side. But again it’s been almost an year that i have used that combo. I simply prefer ATV with Infuse connected to my synology NAS. The ease of Apple TV, navigation and simplicity of Infuse supersedes the marginal difference in sound via Nvidia shield.

I have a decent 9.2.4 setup and I don’t see much difference between both.

The most egregious difference between different players aside from usual support for Atmos passthrough, DTS, HDR10+ etc is how they handle DV playback.

I have a good write up here on the issues with DV with different players and sheet linked that has DV compatibility for different players.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back