Bluetooth Speaker

sgmane

My Requirements.

* Music playback upto 6hrs daily
* No audiophile category needed
* only play devotional songs/gazals/soft music
* 100% bluetooth capable.

I plan to have a smartphone (exclusively to play music) to pair with a bluetooth speaker.

Can anyone suggest me based on above requirements?

This should be simple to operate - as it will be used by senior citizens.
So i thought a smartphone (with external sd card) and a bluetooth would do the job. So i presume a daily charge is needed if i gonna play it for 6hrs or so.
Will it affect - if i keep it plugged in (both smartphone/bluetooth speaker) during the playback? I think no. Anyway its a noob question.

Either to get a new stuff or a used one is fine too (for bluetooth speaker). Budget - as you would know - the minimum. This will be used in a small room.

What is your budget?

There are many bluetooth speakers in the market ranging from 5k to 50k. Since you are planning for senior citizen, the key thing is ear fatigue should not happen so choice of speakers is important. Also as u said, simplicity too.

Another important thing is rechargeable speakers. There are few who come with this facility and they are quite comfortable for portability purpose.

Thanks. Yes i would go for the minimum price.
I am just looking into JBL Charge. It comes around 12hrs play and having a rechargeable battery, if i am not wrong. (JBL flip range are apprx 6hrs or so) I see that it covers a respectable distance.. meaning you can take it around another room (just saw a demo in the youtube) and it still does not lose the connection. Anything in the JBL charge price range. Even though i have seen good reviews on Bose Soundlink mini, its on higher budget.

Yes, Bose would be on a higher side. JBL flip I had heard before and I found it boomy and loud. Soundlink mini was decent but yes pricier. I would say listen for yourself and then decide. It is good to have a 'good sound' than a 'cheaper sound'.

Bose has come up with another soundlink model by the name colour and it retails for 11k odd. Suggest to check it out as well. Otherwise charge and flip 2 provide best bang for the buck. Flip 2 has nfc also whereas charge has 6000mah battery to charge phone etc on the go. Few days back charge was retailing for 5000 as part of diwali dhamaka deal but now it is around 6.4k.

Last edited:
Just a word of caution if you are going to be purchasing JBL online. Check whether the vendor is on JBL's authorized dealer list. JBL support flat out refuses warranty if you purchase from anyone other than their authorized dealers.

You could also give House of Marley's Get Together a look:

Buy House of Marley Get Together Bluetooth Portable Audio System Speakers Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

However they are heavy, 3lbs or so, so may not be a good idea for seniors that want to move it around and also there's no store in IN to check it out.

Last edited:
Just a word of caution if you are going to be purchasing JBL online. Check whether the vendor is on JBL's authorized dealer list. JBL support flat out refuses warranty if you purchase from anyone other than their authorized dealers.

You could also give House of Marley's Get Together a look:

Buy House of Marley Get Together Bluetooth Portable Audio System Speakers Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in
House of Marley get together is not available anymore. It is sold out. Was available till yesterday for 10k

@jsmithe, @mohit_delhi, @amit11
Thanks folks. Oh! It just slipped away from my mind about warranty on jbl if bought online. Thanks again for reminding.
"House Marley" looks classy and the reviews seems to be good too. Let me wait for some time.

@jsmithe, @mohit_delhi, @amit11
Thanks folks. Oh! It just slipped away from my mind about warranty on jbl if bought online. Thanks again for reminding.
"House Marley" looks classy and the reviews seems to be good too. Let me wait for some time.

House of Marley Get Together is back on Amazon.in in a Lightning Deal today for Rs. 10K

I went ahead and bought jbl charge! Should get out today, post that will share the experience.

Sure. Waiting for the experience. I checked and it was out-of-stock. I suppose you got it for 4999Rs. Does it matter with warranty? Some member referred as no warranty if bought from online. I checked at the retail store and they charge 7400Rs (discounted) price.
House of Marley - yes at 10k. But i do not see any warranty or service centers here!! Anyone got this? I also see BASS is high on this.

Sure. Waiting for the experience. I checked and it was out-of-stock. I suppose you got it for 4999Rs. Does it matter with warranty? Some member referred as no warranty if bought from online. I checked at the retail store and they charge 7400Rs (discounted) price.
House of Marley - yes at 10k. But i do not see any warranty or service centers here!! Anyone got this? I also see BASS is high on this.

I did not buy from Amazon coz of warranty concerns. Those ones I think are imported thru grey channel. I have bought from cromaretail online using hdfc credit card with a running scheme of 10% discount. I got the same post discount for around 6200. Supposed to be delivered today. House of marley do not have much reviews online compared to other mainstream bluetooth speakers.

JBL refuses warranty if not from authorized dealers. Call their support line, tell them you bought online from eBay or Amazon and see what they say. Pathetic, but the consumer is nowhere near king in India what with the loopholes in our outdated laws that sellers, mfrs. exploit.

Waiting on delivery of House of Marley. Will try & post a review or at least a mini review once I get my paws on it.

I haven't heard of this Osaki Jukebox. It say's 12hr battery though!
Any one having info on this? No reviews online too.

I got minimax 2, 2 years and still working good. If you want a cheap replacement, this can be one option

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back