Budget of 1.5L need suggestion

Tirupati

HI Guys,

I totally new to AVR's as previously used sony HT system .

I reside in Bangalore and visited Modernworld shop for HT. saw Onkyo THX 9800 series which is good but it cant be upgraded to 9.1 later.

i need suggestion on AVR's initially i will go with 7.1 setup later i will upgrade to 9.1* and my room size is 10*12

I gone through most of the threads here everyone is suggesting for Marantz sr 6013 and Denon AVR x4500h . why not Yamaha/Pioneer as they that bad or sound quality that bad compared to Marantz?

as my budget is 1.5L please suggest which AVR supports 9.1* setup and decent speakers for same.

HI Guys,

I reside in Bangalore and visited Modernworld shop for HT. saw Onkyo THX 9800 series which is good but it cant be upgraded to 9.1 later.

i need suggestion on AVR's initially i will go with 7.1 setup later i will upgrade to 9.1* and my room size is 10*12

I gone through most of the threads here everyone is suggesting for Marantz sr 6013 and Denon AVR x4500h . why not Yamaha/Pioneer as they that bad or sound quality that bad compared to Marantz?

as my budget is 1.5L please suggest which AVR supports 9.1* setup and decent speakers for same.
1.5L for avr alone? If that is the case the best two will be Denon 4500 and Marantz 7013. Yamaha comparing price vs features to Denon and Marantz avr’s falls short. Yamaha’s A1080 is just a 7.2 avr costs more then the Marantz 6013 which is a 9.2 avr. Yamaha has a bold and dynamic sound signature where has the Denon and Marantz are more towards a soft and balanced sound signature. Almost every dealers have Marantz or Denon only available for demo which attracts more customers as well. Pioneer I am not sure not a favourite pick when it comes to Avr. The Yamaha A2080 is a 9.2 avr but I am not sure if it can process 11.2 compared to 4500 and 7013 which can with the help of a 2ch amplifier. So in the Avr market today Marantz and Denon rules.

Within your budget you may consider mid level AVR with 9.2/11.2 pre out with additional two channels power amplifier. This will ensure sufficient power to all channels and will not load the AVR. May be you will get above average performance in Stereo listing due to independent power amplifier for front speakers. AVR like Marantz sr6013, Pioneer VSX LX503 are some of mid level AVR with 9.2 pre-out. Crown, emotiva have some of reasonably priced two channels power amplifier.

You may also consider Anthem. There will be users of Anthem on the forum . They will be able to guide you better.

My total budget was 1.5L whole setup both AVR and Speakers and i can stretch a bit and my only criteria is can be expandable to 9.1* later on.

what are your thoughts on Onkyo 9800 THX ??

Please let me know individual suggestions as i bit confused which one to go as i can see lot of options.

I want decent package under 2L now .

Please suggest.

Yamaha AVRs have been suggested many a time here.
I own a Pioneer AVR and find it excellent. It's class D amplification keeps it very cool which is a bonus in India.

I have a marantz avr in my HT setup. And I guess denon's sound very similar. And I heard a Yamaha aventage1070 or 2070, I can't really remember. And it was a whole level superior at movies. Lots of thrill and big dynamics and impact. If movie performance is of importance, Yamaha is the best bet....by the way my next AVR will only be Yamaha...it is so good

Yamaha is definitely more dynamic and bold compared to marantz and denon but definitely not superior.Marantz and denon is subtle but more refined. It is just my observation after listening to A2070, Denon 2400, and Marantz 7011, 8012 all in a same set up.If you are looking for Crisp, detailed and agile sound Denon and marantz is the best choice. Yamaha for bold,dynamic and muscular sound.

HI Guys,

Go for Anthem or Nad as 1.5L budget for an avr will give you a nice one. Don't go for Denon or Marantz.

Anthem / Nad will run any speakers you throw at it.

All the best in your search.

Cheers.

Guys, now i decided to go for Denon x-4500 and auditioned foe Polk s55 series .. is there any other options to consider on same price range as polk?

Yamaha RX A-2070, Marantz SR-7013 and Onkyo TX RZ830 are some of the popular model in this price bracket. Anthem MRX - 520 is also one on the great receiver with limited channels and features. Marantz SR-6013 with Emotiva A-500 power amplifier may be a better option to consider. Matching speakers is also a great cencern while purchasing AVR because speakers make the big difference.....

I just finalised for Denon 4500h as AVR and marantz 7013 are above my budget .. pls suggest LCR speakers .. Sub decided to go with MIC 200ii.. in the price range 80k

I just finalised for Denon 4500h as AVR and marantz 7013 are above my budget .. pls suggest LCR speakers .. Sub decided to go with MIC 200ii.. in the price range 80k
For 80k bookshelfs will be the best choice.Dali zensor series and q acoustics will be excellent

I just finalised for Denon 4500h

This Denon AVR alone will eat your entire budget..

My total budget was 1.5L whole setup both AVR and Speakers and i can stretch a bit and my only criteria is can be expandable to 9.1* later on. my room size is 10*12

Please let me know individual suggestions as i bit confused which one to go as i can see lot of options.

I want decent package under 2L now .

For your room size, i think a 5.1.4 (or) 5.2.4 capable AVR is best IMO.. You can do 4 overheads in your room.. Front & rear heights..

A 5.1.4 set-up within your budget is possible, you just to have choose components accordingly..

Avr, i would suggest you to consider Pioneer LX-303, a 9.1 AVR.. Roughly abt 70K..

For speakers, you can look at Taga Harmony Platinum series, Mission as they are in the affordable range and should help you complete 5.2.4 set-up.

what are your thoughts on Onkyo 9800 THX ??

Not that 9800 THX is a bad system, but you can put together a better system for your money..

Any leads or dealers for auditions? Is any noticeable difference in sound quality in pioneer 303 and Denon.. as i didnt auditioned for any pioneer avr

pioneer 303 and Denon.

I have auditioned LX303 and Denon 2400- prominent difference. LX303 was way better and powerful compared to Denon. Though 4500 is a different league altogether with almost 50% more price than LX303.

If money is no constraint - pick 4500. If you want good return on investment, LX303.

Polk S55s are beautiful to both eyes and ears. If you can spare more, get S60. The low volume performance is crazy nice. I doubt I'll buy a sub with these.

HI Guys,

Yamaha AVR is also good and highly recommended. It is also a fact that Yamaha scores high when it comes to reliability and service. It all depends on individual taste and budget.
HT Store, JP Nagar is another good place to visit and demo

Good selection But I feel for ur room size 5.1.2 will do a great job .So u can save a little bit on AVR ( may be DenonX3500) will do.
As suggested by some FM AVR like Anthem sound good but it is very costly.( Anthem ARC room calibration is a great one but it is not for everyone ).
U can start building your HT based on budget availability.
Initially go with LCR
Then add Sub
Then Surrounds
Finally the heights.
If budget permits go for a dual sub.(This can be final addition).
Audition is the key factor.Try to invest more on good quality speakers .
Checkout Emotiva Airmotiv speakers too.
Do audition possibly in our forum members Home also who are available in ur city( Take help of them).This will give u a fair idea what you want.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back