Budget of 75000 for AV reciever and speakers

pravinksh

Hi everyone
I am new to the forum
Want to build a home cinema
Have shortlisted Yamaha avr 685 and Denon x1400 H (which is better please advise)
Also after this should I go for a speaker package or take different speakers and would that fit in the budget please advise
Thanks in advance

Have shortlisted Yamaha avr 685 and Denon x1400 H (which is better please advise)

Both are good & popular choices.. Settle for the best deal..

Also after this should I go for a speaker package or take different speakers and would that fit in the budget please advise

Above mentioned AVR's should be abt 45K roughly, that leaves you with 30K as speaker budget.. You can consider Taga Harmony TAV 5.0 speaker packages for 20K for now and begin your set-up.. (Check hifimart.com (or) amazon.in)..

When you have some more budget, you can scale-up by adding subwoofer and height speakers..

Both are good & popular choices.. Settle for the best deal..

Above mentioned AVR's should be abt 45K roughly, that leaves you with 30K as speaker budget.. You can consider Taga Harmony TAV 5.0 speaker packages for 20K for now and begin your set-up.. (Check hifimart.com (or) amazon.in)..

When you have some more budget, you can scale-up by adding subwoofer and height speakers..
Thanks a lot

Hi everyone
I am new to the forum
Thanks in advance

Hi

Welcome to HFV

There are dedicated owner threads which you can refer to (Yamaha / Denon / Marantz / Pioneer / Taga) which has first hand feedback etc.

You can also read threads under what should i buy or Home Theatre....

As suggested, you can look at the Taga range of speakers or even start building your system slowly with fronts only then add center then surrounds and then sub...

Usually after some time most would change the AVR due to new features etc....speakers change may happen after 3-5-7-10 years...so you need to decide on the best which suits your expectations and make the purchase.......that is why most of us insist on auditioning the brands of models available with dealers around your location.....this will give you some idea......each of us have our own specific listening preferences

Hi

Welcome to HFV

There are dedicated owner threads which you can refer to (Yamaha / Denon / Marantz / Pioneer / Taga) which has first hand feedback etc.

You can also read threads under what should i buy or Home Theatre....

As suggested, you can look at the Taga range of speakers or even start building your system slowly with fronts only then add center then surrounds and then sub...

Usually after some time most would change the AVR due to new features etc....speakers change may happen after 3-5-7-10 years...so you need to decide on the best which suits your expectations and make the purchase.......that is why most of us insist on auditioning the brands of models available with dealers around your location.....this will give you some idea......each of us have our own specific listening preferences

thanks a lot sir will definitely consider

Having used both Denon & Yamaha AVR, i would suggest going for Yamaha, if movies are the focus.

Hi everyone
I am new to the forum
Thanks in advance
Yamaha rxv685 looks better on paper.lts has better DAC section and has better power output than last year model.l had asked other FMs about sound review in marantz thread,but didnt get answer.

One more option is the Pioneer AVRs.. Some member had posted a few days ago that they are giving two year warranties now through their official distributor (KEI) . I had asked around for the VSX-832 and got a price of 50K odd for the same.

Yamaha 685 should be a better AVR than Denon-1400.
It may not match feature to feature. But the build quality and overall performance Yamaha wins.
Also 685 is top of the RXv model in india which should be compared to higher models of denon.

My humble suggestion would be start with a pair of bookshelves and than add an woofer and rear speakers later as the need may be. That way you would get higher quality of speakers. You can check from a bunch of speakers including but not limited to - ELAC Debut 2.0 B6, Q Acoustics 3020, Dali Zensor 3, Fyne Audio F 301.

I personally had an almost similar budget as yours and would think that going all out on a budget 5.1 does not make too much of a sense unless you have really made up your mind. Just my two cents though.

Does the issue of Yamaha becoming conservative (in wattage supply) during output at high volume or chaotic scenes still persists? Earlier it all owed to a protective circuitry it had, I am talking about 2014 crica.

Hi Guys
Purchased Polk t15 bookshelves for front and surrounds PSW10 Sub and t30 center channel paired it with Marantz 1509
What cable to be used for Polk Sub
Have tried RCA Cable but in Audessey settings it’s not taking the sub
Please help

And Marantz 1509 has option for two subs and one line out

Attachments

• 486F97F4-46B7-4EBE-A8E2-59BDEB817AED.png
    486F97F4-46B7-4EBE-A8E2-59BDEB817AED.png
    283.1 KB · Views: 11
Thanks tuff but the sub has two line in where will this go
Check the user manual. You will have the guide to connect the rca cable. I think you chould connect it to either L or R. I had psw 125 and i connected it in R. In the Avr you can connect it to the sub pre-out marked as 1

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back