Choosing Between Amazon and ProFX for Denon AVR-X2800H: Warranty and Price Considerations

valkyrie96

Denon AVR-X2800H is available for a price of ₹70,000 on Amazon. ProFX retailer is quoting the price as ₹86,000 (initially quoted ₹1,44,000), which is ₹16,000 more than the Amazon price. ProFX claims that if there is no ProFX sticker, the warranty is void and also claims that all online purchases do not have a warranty. I am confused by their claim, as Amazon states a 1-year warranty. I need help figuring out where to buy.

You can also check with AVshack India. I just bought an x3800h for 99k. Comes with official 1 year warranty. They were very responsive, delivery was swift and it arrived well packed. Local retailers in my city were not able to price match. (Not an ad, just quite happy with the purchase experience.)

Denon AVR-X2800H is available for a price of ₹70,000 on Amazon. ProFX retailer is quoting the price as ₹86,000 (initially quoted ₹1,44,000), which is ₹16,000 more than the Amazon price. ProFX claims that if there is no ProFX sticker, the warranty is void and also claims that all online purchases do not have a warranty. I am confused by their claim, as Amazon states a 1-year warranty. I need help figuring out where to buy.
That’s not true as there are two distributors for Denon in India - ProFX and Preeti Trading. You can ask the seller to send you a photo of the MRP label so you can see who the importer is

You can also check with AVshack India. I just bought an x3800h for 99k. Comes with official 1 year warranty. They were very responsive, delivery was swift and it arrived well packed.
It can't be compared to an Amazon buy. You bought it from an apparently responsible player who is an established business (and the only comparison is that instead of walking into the shop you bought it from them online just like in Amazon).

Many, if not the most, Amazon merchants are neither responsible nor good-reputed.

I also bought my 3800 from AVShack. They are good and have a store in CR Park quite tclose to where I stay. I had even visited them once before the purchase. Got it for 94k after adding in a payment gateway level Credit Card discount

Its available on avshack online for 69,600/-? Am i missing something?

I believe with so many dealers, each of them want to offer competitive rates, seen also some websites where it mentions 'heard / got a better rate, chat with us'

Current price on Hifimart

Thank you for all the responses.

I have purchased the receiver and speaker set from ProFx directly; they gave a very good offer.

Findings from research:
  1. Denon has two importers in India: PTC and ProFx.
  2. PTC retailers provide more discounts than ProFx retailers. For example, the price variation for the Denon 2800H was at least 15K.
  3. PTC retailers do not provide any official service center address. Instead, they either pick up the product from you or you need to take the product to the retailer, who will then send it to the service center.
  4. According to ProFx retailers, "PTC retailers bring the product to ProFx service centers for repairs. This is a gamble they play, as there typically won't be any repairs needed in the first year. After the first year, they aren't responsible for anything." This was also confirmed by one of the PTC retailers.
  5. PTC retailers are not offering the latest manufactured products (December 2023).

Thank you for all the responses.

I have purchased the receiver and speaker set from ProFx directly; they gave a very good offer.

Findings from research:
  1. Denon has two importers in India: PTC and ProFx.
  2. PTC retailers provide more discounts than ProFx retailers. For example, the price variation for the Denon 2800H was at least 15K.
  3. PTC retailers do not provide any official service center address. Instead, they either pick up the product from you or you need to take the product to the retailer, who will then send it to the service center.
  4. According to ProFx retailers, "PTC retailers bring the product to ProFx service centers for repairs. This is a gamble they play, as there typically won't be any repairs needed in the first year. After the first year, they aren't responsible for anything." This was also confirmed by one of the PTC retailers.
  5. PTC retailers are not offering the latest manufactured products (December 2023).

Congratulations! I hope the AVR serves you well without any challenges. Please go through the Owner's Manual so that you setup the AVR optimally and enjoy the experience.

my denon x4800h has some humming noise. delhi service guy did not even listen to me he asked first to share box images which has PROFX STICKER then invoice. be careful buy from profx authorised only. you can go to profx.com then go to contact person in your area he will be wholesaler then he will guide you to retailer. ALSO 1 THING i got to know from wholesaler is that dp price which is delaer price it is 50% off on mrp for retailer then retailer sells to consumer. so my denon x4800h had 3lakhs mrp first wholesaler thought i was dealer then he directly said DP PRICE IS 50% means 1.5lakhs for retailer. i then forced him that i can pay max 1.65lkahs for 4800h it worked but retialer got irritated and said he got peanuts as profit.
ALSO BE ADVISED, ANY FRAUD DELAER CAN PRINT PROFX STICKER AN D STICK IT ON. THEY MIGHT BE IMPORTING DIRECTLY THORUGH FRAUDLENT MEANS. BE CAREFUL DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY

After my recent experience with denon (x4800) i will definitely not recomend or buy denon....total waste of money for performance. What happened to pioneer?? Why isnt anybody talking much about lx305/505 and even heard onkyo rz50 is very good.
Instead of denon x2800 go for an equivalent onkyo or pioneer...sounds a lot better in that price range particularly
Onkyo tx sr393 is good, got a dealer offering it for 40k...very good for the price

After my recent experience with denon (x4800) i will definitely not recomend or buy denon....total waste of money for performance. What happened to pioneer?? Why isnt anybody talking much about lx305/505 and even heard onkyo rz50 is very good.
Instead of denon x2800 go for an equivalent onkyo or pioneer...sounds a lot better in that price range particularly
Onkyo tx sr393 is good, got a dealer offering it for 40k...very good for the price
I have the LX-505 and am very happy with this. Spacious sound, easy installation and best of all for me was Dirac Live full bandwidth was included ( otherwise costs $350 ). Using Dirac completely changed the way my system sounded. Plus they’re offering 18 month warranty on Onkyo/Pioneer vs 12 months on Denon

SPecially humming sound lol

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back