Confused to buy HT

darkavenger143

Hi guys,

I am looking for a good budget HT (around 30k) and i have figured the below models,

Yamaha YHT 196 (/w Philips BluRay Player) - 27990
Yamaha YHT 299 (/w Philips BluRay Player) - 37990
Pioneer HTP 072 (/w Philips BluRay Player) - 23000
Pioner HTP 323 (/w Philips BluRay Player) - 33000
Onkyo s3500 - 33000
Onkyo avx390 - 29000

These prices are offered by Reliance digital Chennai.

Please suggest one....

don't make a blind purchase. Of the models you have listed, I suggest you take audition of the Yamaha yht-299 and onkyo s3500 and go for the one which you like the most.

Hi guys,

I am looking for a good budget HT (around 30k) and i have figured the below models,

Onkyo s3500 - 33000
Onkyo avx390 - 29000

Please suggest one....

Whatever system you choose , keep two things in mind, center speaker and sub woofer are the main component of any HT system. So do mix and match for these component. rest of the chain you keep anything would not make a difference. Choose subwoofer and center speaker wisely. This suggestion is there since it is a budget system.

Cheers

Dheeraj

Thanks guys, i got chance to have demo of yht 196 but there was no stock on 299 and s3500....need to check the stock and go for the demo.....

Are the prices reasonable??

Hi guys,

Onkyo s3500 - 33000
Onkyo avx390 - 29000

Please suggest one....

I suggest to audition all the above and decide. Please don't go by the reviews.

Hi guys,

Onkyo s3500 - 33000
Onkyo avx390 - 29000

Please suggest one....

First of all I am little outdated with the price of these systems. But a year back, 196 was sold for 20K (Reliance digital), 3400 for 27K (Reliance digital) and 3500 for 28K (Viveks). So please check across all shops for exact price.

On performance side, 299 would be good. But I dont see much difference between Onkyo and yamaha.

If I am not wrong AVX 390 is nothing but 3400 system they have changed the subwoofer (that too only design:sad:)

I have 3500, purchased from viveks Mylapore, chennai a year back and it doing awesome.

I haven't auditioned pioneer yet. As everyone says here, Please do audition and decide yourself.

First of all I am little outdated with the price of these systems. But a year back, 196 was sold for 20K (Reliance digital), 3400 for 27K (Reliance digital) and 3500 for 28K (Viveks). So please check across all shops for exact price.

On performance side, 299 would be good. But I dont see much difference between Onkyo and yamaha.

If I am not wrong AVX 390 is nothing but 3400 system they have changed the subwoofer (that too only design:sad:)

I have 3500, purchased from viveks Mylapore, chennai a year back and it doing awesome.

I haven't auditioned pioneer yet. As everyone says here, Please do audition and decide yourself.

Thanks i guess the prices have gone up. I have checked the prices everywhere and the above are the new prices...couldnt get for less anywhere

do you any places where I can get for less??

yeah,On performance side, 299 would be good. But I dont see much difference between Onkyo and yamaha.thanks
7KdHMP

Hey, I am sailing in the same ship. Trying to get something good worked out and looking for pioneer. For receiver, I have liking for VSX-523-k and trying to pair it with pioneer speakers itself. Their official guy in Mumbai has quoted 40k for both without bargaining but sounded that I can close this around 35k.

Trying to still do some research on it as it is going to be my first system, still thought of sharing it with you. Hope it's helpful

Hi Darkavenger,

I have a Pioneer HTP 323, found that some issues in the subwoofer. Am looking forward to change it. Recently i have auditioned Yamaha - 196, though am looking for YHT 299. Yamaha is really amazing. The audio quality is so crisp. Pioneer is not that much sharp & clear, its missing a lot of clear music. I auditioned Pioneer RS-32, you cannot compare those 2 models( yamaha 196 - Pioneer Rs-32), its totally different, if you are a music lover you can go for Yamaha and onkyo as every one said.

Even if you are watching movies you may feel that you are missing the clear crisp sounds in the gunshots in pioneer, i feel Yamaha is better in terms of clarity. I was bit worried about the bass quality in Yamaha, Hopefully YHT 299 will have better bass, since its an active sub woofer.

Never auditioned Onkyo-3500, Give a try and choose your wish :). The prices are same across all the reliance digital i guess.

Thanks

Thanks a lot for the response. Even I found pioneer to be so so when compared to yamaha and onkyo. Yamaha is crisp and onkyo is bassy. I want both so thinking to go for 299 but out of budget for now. I will wait for better offers

Thanks a lot for the response. Even I found pioneer to be so so when compared to yamaha and onkyo. Yamaha is crisp and onkyo is bassy. I want both so thinking to go for 299 but out of budget for now. I will wait for better offers

Yamaha 299 price is good on eBay, you can check and apply discount coupon to get the best price.

Thanks again. But I prefer to buy locally to avoid unnecessary issues.

What issues you are expecting? You get better discounts online and buying in India comes along with warranty! You also have service center in chennai, and dealers such as Vipul Audio Tech, Croma etc.

My friend just got the Pioneer 323 it sounds pretty decent at his place plus the fact that they demo it with a different sub on the floor to what comes with the package makes this system sound a little boomy. at his place when properly installed was sounding big and powerful .. goodthing for movies and pretty decent for music as it is not supposed to rival any dedicated two channel music systems.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back