Could use your inputs

Shantanu Jha

Greetings, stumbled upon this forum while researching my needs. Appears to be a great place for a newbie to get some advice.

All of my music is on my phone or my laptop. Most of it is 70s and 80s rock (think Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath). I usually listen to my music over headphones. However, I have a 30ft x 30ft room (with a 20 ft ceiling) where I would like to (occasionally) play my music over speakers. Due to physical constraints, the setup will have to be in a corner of the room. I would also like to keep the setup as simple as possible (don't want too many wires running around). I am no audiophile, however, I wouldn't enjoy poor sound. I don't have a budget constraint, but given only occasional use, I would consider spending more than 1L sinful (the word does leave me with wiggle room to succumb to something exceptional).

I have been leaning more towards a wireless speaker system than a stereo amp + separate speakers. Perhaps the upper end of my research has been a Naim Muso or BeoPlay A9, leaving aside the Devialet Phantom due to lack of support in India (?). I am also aware of other options such as the B&W Zeppelin, Sony SRS-X99, JBL Authentics L16 etc. So far I have not taken the effort to go out and listen to any of them.

Before I do, my questions

1. Any recommendations among the wireless speakers and any inputs on where could I listen in on them (in Bangalore) ?

2. My only reason to go with an amplifier and separate speakers would be to add a tuner (none of the wireless speakers seem to offer FM). However, I am not sure if I would gain anything in sound if I placed the setup in a corner of the room. Am I mistaken ?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Regards,
Shantanu

Greetings, stumbled upon this forum while researching my needs. Appears to be a great place for a newbie to get some advice.

All of my music is on my phone or my laptop. Most of it is 70s and 80s rock (think Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath). I usually listen to my music over headphones. However, I have a 30ft x 30ft room (with a 20 ft ceiling) where I would like to (occasionally) play my music over speakers. Due to physical constraints, the setup will have to be in a corner of the room. I would also like to keep the setup as simple as possible (don't want too many wires running around). I am no audiophile, however, I wouldn't enjoy poor sound. I don't have a budget constraint, but given only occasional use, I would consider spending more than 1L sinful (the word does leave me with wiggle room to succumb to something exceptional).

I have been leaning more towards a wireless speaker system than a stereo amp + separate speakers. Perhaps the upper end of my research has been a Naim Muso or BeoPlay A9, leaving aside the Devialet Phantom due to lack of support in India (?). I am also aware of other options such as the B&W Zeppelin, Sony SRS-X99, JBL Authentics L16 etc. So far I have not taken the effort to go out and listen to any of them.

1. Any recommendations among the wireless speakers and any inputs on where could I listen in on them (in Bangalore) ?

2. My only reason to go with an amplifier and separate speakers would be to add a tuner (none of the wireless speakers seem to offer FM). However, I am not sure if I would gain anything in sound if I placed the setup in a corner of the room. Am I mistaken ?

Regards,
Shantanu

Hi,

I would only like to caution you that you could soon be wanting to upgrade and then end up losing a lot of money on what you have already bought. So please keep the growth needs of your system in mind. You may end up spending a little more now, but it will give you many years of satisfaction. For your kind of room, you will also need to keep room acoustics in mind (large room, high ceiling). I would suggest that you take your time auditioning as many setups as feasible. The buying process is half the fun!

Best wishes

Regards,
Shantanu

Wireless? I hope you know that wireless speakers still need power source, which again will be two cables running to your speakers, better to look for wired ones. Please audition before you take a call. If you want to go blindly with a brand, Marantz+Klipsch combination is highly recommended in this forum. Check India's audio video home theatre and hi-fi shopping mart for options

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back