DAC for Tube Amp

twenyone

Hey guys, I'm purchasing this tube amp that only has analog RCA input - so I realised I'll need some hardware to convert digital to analog. I was ideally looking for something that would have airplay / bluetooth. What would you suggest for best sound quality?

Which tube amp & speakers? Kindly provide more details based on which fm's can advise with desired and appropriate options. Thanks

Hey guys, I'm purchasing this tube amp that only has analog RCA input - so I realised I'll need some hardware to convert digital to analog. I was ideally looking for something that would have airplay / bluetooth. What would you suggest for best sound quality?
What's your source? There are dacs available which are usb only, optical/coaxial only or all of them. And they come in all price ranges. What kind are you looking for ?

MaSh

Sorry should've provided details..

Amp: Prologue Premium Tube Amp
Speakers: Klipsch Heritage Cornwall III

My source is going to be my phone / computer, ideally would like to wirelessly stream to the DAC

Check out the tp link Bluetooth receiver on Amazon. I have been using it for half a year or so and very impressed with it.

MaSh

For tube amps, go for r2r NOS dac. You would be able to keep the simplicity of signal path. Filterless would be an additional factor that would help. You have good big speakers too. All these things (tube amps, big speakers, analog sources & r2r NOS filterless dacs) were all designed for each other.

Regards,
Sharad Medhavi

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back