Decouple Framing or Walls?

xewecan

I've done a ton of reading here, and am doing the following with my full basement reno, half of which is a theatre:

- HVAC split into separate runs for upstairs and downstairs; insulated flex and extra drywall in the joists for the first ~8' of each takeoff

- Decoupled backer boxes for potlights

- Roxul in the joists, and RC1 on the ceiling with 5/8" drywall

I was planning on just running RC1 on the walls to keep them decoupled to reduce flanking noise, but is there a better way to accomplish this? Would just attaching the drywall directly to the walls, then using clips to decouple from the joists above be superior? I'd love to run DD and GG everywhere, but I'm trying to keep the cost down, while achieving the best results that I can.

I've done a ton of reading here, and am doing the following with my full basement reno, half of which is a theatre:

- HVAC split into separate runs for upstairs and downstairs; insulated flex and extra drywall in the joists for the first ~8' of each takeoff

- Decoupled backer boxes for potlights

- Roxul in the joists, and RC1 on the ceiling with 5/8" drywall

I was planning on just running RC1 on the walls to keep them decoupled to reduce flanking noise, but is there a better way to accomplish this? Would just attaching the drywall directly to the drywall estimating, then using clips to decouple from the joists above be superior? I'd love to run DD and GG everywhere, but I'm trying to keep the cost down, while achieving the best results that I can.
thanks in advance for any help

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back