Denon AVR 1912 speakers - Polk Audio TSX330T or TSX440T

Vikramdeals

Hi All,

I am a great fan of this forum and have query below.

I own Denon AVR 1912 and planning to buy Floor standers. For this reason touched based with a dealer here in Delhi and have scheduled an audition for coming weekend for two of the following Polk Audio TSX330T or TSX440T.

As per dealer Denon AVR 1912 would NOT be a match for TSX440T as it is underpowered. Whereas he suggested to go for TSX330T and add Sub later.

Although I will try to audition these please can you guys suggest if Denon AVR 1912 is really underpowered to support TSX440T? Would TSX330T would be good enough to being HT journey with Denon AVR 1912?

I could see threads here where people have mentioned using 1912 with Rti A7 so how come TSX440t cant be supported?

Any other speaksers to suggest? It would be used for 60% music and 40% movies.

Thanks in anticipation

Cheers

Hi All,

I am a great fan of this forum and have query below.

I own Denon AVR 1912 and planning to buy Floor standers. For this reason touched based with a dealer here in Delhi and have scheduled an audition for coming weekend for two of the following Polk Audio TSX330T or TSX440T.

As per dealer Denon AVR 1912 would NOT be a match for TSX440T as it is underpowered. Whereas he suggested to go for TSX330T and add Sub later.

Although I will try to audition these please can you guys suggest if Denon AVR 1912 is really underpowered to support TSX440T? Would TSX330T would be good enough to being HT journey with Denon AVR 1912?

I could see threads here where people have mentioned using 1912 with Rti A7 so how come TSX440t cant be supported?

Any other speaksers to suggest? It would be used for 60% music and 40% movies.

Thanks in anticipation

Cheers

Your dealer, either he is lying or does not know the real power of 1912.Does he moving any high priced avr to u over 1912? 1912 is good avr, it will power ur speakers effortlessly. if ur interest is mainly on music means ,neither tsx330 nor tsx 440 will satisfy you 100%. pls look audition for dali5 or dali7 .If ur main interest is movies then 1912 with tsx330 or tsx 440 will beat any speaker that is guarantee.

Many thanks Subbu. Appreciate your comments.

Dealer did not try to move me to another AVR instead he offered TSX 330 with sub and pre-owned speakers that is JBL ES80. Not sure how they compare with TSX series I am looking at.

Well while surfing I found one of the FM echoing dealers comments for AVR 1912. Below is the link and comments are from 'Sunderpalanivel'. His verbatim "Trust me Denon 1912 can't drive Rti A7 to its full ability. I had a Denon 1912 with Tsi 400 and I was not happy so sold it and bought Harman Kardon , I am very happy now. Watts is not so important. Amp with 80 watts and 100 watts does not make any difference. The quality of Sound has very little to do with watts. How much an Amp capable of drive and have control over the speakers will decide the sound quality"

http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/25296-avr-polk-rti-a7-speakers-3.html

Many thanks Subbu. Appreciate your comments.

Dealer did not try to move me to another AVR instead he offered TSX 330 with sub and pre-owned speakers that is JBL ES80. Not sure how they compare with TSX series I am looking at.

Well while surfing I found one of the FM echoing dealers comments for AVR 1912. Below is the link and comments are from 'Sunderpalanivel'. His verbatim "Trust me Denon 1912 can't drive Rti A7 to its full ability. I had a Denon 1912 with Tsi 400 and I was not happy so sold it and bought Harman Kardon , I am very happy now. Watts is not so important. Amp with 80 watts and 100 watts does not make any difference. The quality of Sound has very little to do with watts. How much an Amp capable of drive and have control over the speakers will decide the sound quality"

http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/25296-avr-polk-rti-a7-speakers-3.html

I'm not sure about RTI A7,but for tsx i'm sure , u don't even need for a sub.Don't believe in my words go and get audition with above speakers with 1912 avr. Even if u go to profx they will give demo for tsx440/tsx330 with x1000 or x2000 avrs which are more or less equal to the specs of 1912.I don't know whether sunder is not happy with tsi400 or 1912.If your wish is more of music you need to look some other combos may be marantz,yamaha avrs.For movies this will satisfy u 100% (tsx330/1912 with out sub also). more of music go for marantzsr5008/6008 with dali zensor5/7 or dali ikon.

Many Thanks Subbu for your valuable inputs.

Certainly Audition would help and Yes Dealer has Dali's as well so will try to audtion them as well.

Cheers

Certainly Audition would help and Yes Dealer has Dali's as well so will try to audtion them as well.

I would suggest hearing other floor standing speakers like Boston Acoustics, Jamo, Focal, Yamaha (high end ones) etc..I am sure then you would be able to decide and take a call based on budget and appeal.

Hey thanks all.

I had an audition of Following speakers with Denon AVR 1912. Dali model was Bookshelves so am not comparing

• Polk Audio TSX 330T
  • Polk Audio TSX 440T
  • Tannoy V4

Polk Audio 330T sounded great with Amp instead of AVR 1912 however it did not had tight bass (one of basic needs I had). I find them too bright for my ears

Polk Audio 440T sounded too boomy. It was sounding very good compared to 330T with amp however as said earlier with AVR 1912 it was not that good. I could feel some satisfaction on higher volumes but again felt is too bright for my ears for long listening.

Tannoy V4 These are the ones I liked the most (Dealer pushed me to listen to them once and I think it was worth). These have tight bass, clarity on low volume, Immersive and I could hear each equipment crystal without increasing volume. I am not sure I am using right term however cross over (clarity between equipments and voice) was too amazing. I got completely lost in couple of songs played.

When I compare Tannoy vs Polk Audio 440T I would say Tannoy are too good as they played well with AVR as well. However in order to do justice to 440T I think I would need an amp. Problem is my AVR does not have pre out so I cant add amp.

My budget is limited and I understand Tannoy V4 are 10k expensive to 440T. So will have to evaluate. Does anybody have price quote for Tannoy V4?

In addition I will explore further options as you guys suggested above to see if I can get same satisfaction on any other speakers compared to Tannoy.

Thanks a lot. Your comments are welcome

Cheers

My polk 330T sounds really great with Denon 1612. So, it should sound good with 1912. I would suggest that you run a fresh audyssey configuration with only the Towers connected.

And then play 330T and 440T for comparison.

There is a dealer in Kirti Nagar who can send speakers for demo at home .. but with the condition that you will keep one pair out of the lot.

None can beat Polk on Value for money. I like Polk sound a lot.
(Of course there is no end to it. The more you spend the more you get)

Hey Pramod, Many Thanks for your help. I will liaise with these dealers for coming weekends. Do you know if they offer any discount on Diwali :p

Hey Druk, Many Thanks. Acutally I have drifted away from Polks as per my listening experience. I am looking for tight bass and detailed sound....Do you know dealer name in Kirti Nagaer? Does this dealer has any other brand like Dali Zensor?

Hi All, I have auditioned following Wharfedale Diamond 10.5, Monitor Audio Bronze BX5 and BX6 last week at Bass & Treble, Delhi. Nice set up and people.

I think Wharfedale overshadowed Monitor Audio so leaving them out for comparison.

Wharfedale are too good and I really liked the detailed sound. Mids were very clear, dynamics were too good. However what I missed in the pay was bass.

I played A R Rahman Taal se Taal mila from movie Taal and I could hear clear vocal and music however speakers couldnt do justice to Bass. I feel it would require Sub.

In addition I will play Wharfy through Denon AVR 1912 and NOT from amp so not sure if 1912 would do justice to Wharfy's, any knowledge comments would be highly appreciated.

Even though I am not sure how Tannoy V4i would perform on same sound track vs Wharfedale diamond 10.5 (as I do not find both available at one dealer) I wanted to have your view. Please can you suggest which one would be more suitable?

Thanks in anticpation

Dealer name in Kirti Nagar is Trinity sound & vision. They keep all brands.

Have you tried Energy ? Those also sound good.

I had tried Wharfedale 5.1 satellite system ... but i did not like it at all.

Many suggested Dali and they sound really gud
And i think u shud audition them as well before deciding

Suggest tower speakers for my Yamaha AVR RXV 475

Can anybody suggest me which tower speakers are compatible with my Yamaha RXV 475 AVR, I have selected Polk audio speaker TSX 440.
kind suggest me, its urgent my budget is Rs. 35000 max.

Regards.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back