Denon AVR Power light blinking red

Rupam

I have a denon AVR 1513. it was working perfectly. Suddenly it stopped working. The power button turns on green and then suddenly the green button turns to flashing red, blinking light, and then after a second or two, the AVR automatically turns off. I have found a problem of this exact video on YouTube but the video is in Tamil can anyone please explain what the person in the YouTube is saying what is the problem? New sentencI have found a problem of this exact video on YouTube but the video is in Tamil can anyone please explain what the person in the YouTube is saying what is the problem? If you know any trusted technician in Kolkata, please share his address or phone number. Thank you.

Youtube link

YT'er suspects either the digital board or the amplifier board on the AVR. He then traces it down to a bad resistor and/or capacitor on one of the surround channels. He also observes some rust on one of the capacitor legs in the surround channel and on the reverse of the amplifier board. He also notices some IC's discolored on the digital board. He then Identifies the C1845 transistor as having gone bad. The A992 transistors check out good. He replaces the C1845 transistor and the two A992 (since they are rather old and could fail anytime). Post replacement everything checks out fine.

Please read the manual of your Denon.
The gap between the blinking red light will tell you what the fault is. It ranges from over temperature to short on the speaker wire or failed circuit.
From what you describe, it sounds like a failed circuit as the latter two red statuses are from a receiver that is already functioning and then goes status red led.

I have the same problem on my Denon AVR 2300.

Sent it to Denon authorised service centre. Fault was diagnosed as HDMI board.
HDMI board replacement will cost Rs 40K.

Not worth it in my view. I have used it for 7 years. Its a write-off.

A bit dissapointing. I expected 10 years of useful life from an AVR.

Thanks for your replies and help with the yt video summary. I will check the manual. It's quiet old. Bought it in 2012 probably. It was used extensively almost everyday with wharfedale 5.1 speakers. I even reviewed it in this forum. For the last 1.5 years I stored it as some renovations were going on. I used to play it time to time (once a month). Only audio files. This time, I was using a pair of old panasonic hifi component speakers which sounded beautiful with this amp.
Anyway I'm gonna call Soundrex may be after Durga Puja to get it fixed. I hope it can be repaired within reasonable cost.
Thanks.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back