Denon AVR X6500H vs Marantz SR7013

Hi Guys,
Please suggest which AV Receiver to buy?
Denon 6500 is a better choice if you want to drive 11 channels out of the box. You can also consider going for separates. With the budget for 6500 you can also check at Anthem mrx720

If you are planning to listen to music, then consider Marantz
6500 supports 11 speakers out of the box, you will need stereo amp for 11 speakers in case of 7013

If you are planning to listen to music, then consider Marantz
6500 supports 11 speakers out of the box, you will need stereo amp for 11 speakers in case of 7013
Hi HTuser,

I am planning to use SR7013 for my HT setup which will also have Atmos setup. But any reason why you are suggesting to have - you will need stereo amp for 11 speakers in case of 7013. Also do you mean stereo amp or power amp. Can you please guide ?

Hi HTuser,

I am planning to use SR7013 for my HT setup which will also have Atmos setup. But any reason why you are suggesting to have - you will need stereo amp for 11 speakers in case of 7013. Also do you mean stereo amp or power amp. Can you please guide ?
7013 can power only 9 channels. So for powering another 2 channels you wil need a power amplifier. If you want 11 channel avr then 6500 is a good choice. It is also manufactured in Japan

Hi HTuser,

As @Love4sound mentioned, 7013 got only 9 amplifier channels, it can power only 9 speakers. You will need a 2 channel power amp for remaining 2 speakers in 11 channel setup, I referred to 2 channel power amp as stereo amp.

I saw 7013 with Emotiva power amp in The Home Cinema showroom in electronic city. You may visit there to experience 7013 + power Amp setup of 11 channels. I don't think they have 6500H, I remember like 4500H in another room.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back