Floostanding speakers with Denon X1300W

anandk2710

Hi guys,
I am a complete novice with speakers and this would be my first purchase. I have a denon x1300 w amp and i wanted to know which floorstanding speakers would be ideal for this, and what power output and other factors should i generally look at.
I wanted to buy Klipsch RF 82 IIs. they are discontinued but i could get them for seomeone for 80K a pair, and the reviews are good, and i wanted a better product that i can keep for long. I understand that the amp is a but underpowered but the klipsch's have high sensitivity and unless i drive them too hard they should be ok. I have a medium sized room, and its going to be used mostly for movies.
Any suggestions?

Do you have dimensions of medium size room ?

Dali zensor 5 is one nice / compact floorstander.
QAcoustics is another good set of floorstanders

Generally I have heard Klipsch could be good for movies , may not be that great for music. You may want to consider according to your music/movie ratio.

Klipsch is a great choice for both movies and music. Denon x1300 is more than enough to drive those high sensitivity speakers.

thanks, i had looked at polk, but they have lower sensitivity so i thought they would need more power. plus they are more musical, Klipsch were better with movies. i was just worried about clipping issues
the room size would be around 250 Sq ft. So 82s are a bit more powerful but i'm hoping they would serve me till i can afford a bigger place!

Hi guys,
I am a complete novice with speakers and this would be my first purchase. I have a denon x1300 w amp and i wanted to know which floorstanding speakers would be ideal for this,

the room size would be around 250 Sq ft.

I have a medium sized room, and its going to be used mostly for movies. Any suggestions?

A subwoofer is more important for a movie than a FS..

and what power output and other factors should i generally look at.

Speaker efficiency would be a key spec to look at..

I wanted to buy Klipsch RF 82 IIs. they are discontinued but i could get them for seomeone for 80K a pair, and the reviews are good, and i wanted a better product that i can keep for long. I understand that the amp is a but underpowered but the klipsch's have high sensitivity and unless i drive them too hard they should be ok.

I have a Klipsch RP-160M BS which are advertised to be 96db efficient.. But when i tried to level match with a Sonodyne speaker 90db efficient, Klipsch speaker level was barely +1 db more than the Sonodyne speaker..

So Klipsch are def sensitive, but not as advt..

If you have not bought the Klipsch FS for 80K, you can easily put a 5.2.2 system for the money..

Weigh your options and choose your system..

Hi guys,
i have not yet bought the klipsch, but im looking at speakers with similar specs. Same reasoning, that i can buy new reciever but speakers should be future ready.
Also i have two new options within the same price range, Paradigm Monitor 9 and Monitor 7. the use will be mostly for movies again, and i had liked the monitor 7s on demo. do you think either of them make a better choice? i'm now confused because the 82s are the older line, and the RP 280s are way outside my budget.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back