Fosi Audio V3 Mono Review and stereo console build.

Pwayne801

Fosi Audio
V3 Mono Review
1721277637526.png

Today, I added a pair of Fosi V3 Mono amplifiers to my stereo system and have been quite impressed. I am currently working on upgrading a stereo console with all-new audio equipment. This DIY project involves building new 3-way speaker cabinets and recreating new crossover PCB boards. All audio currently comes from a HiFiBerry DAC+ over AirPlay.

The V3 Mono boasts a 240W rated power output at 4 ohms, providing ample power to drive a wide range of speakers. This ensures that even the most demanding audio setups can be powered with ease, delivering clear and powerful sound. High-quality components are used, ensuring excellent audio fidelity and stability, resulting in superior sound clarity with detailed highs, rich mids, and powerful lows.

The amplifier features advanced cooling mechanisms to ensure it runs efficiently without overheating. This is crucial for maintaining performance during extended listening sessions. The V3 Mono is housed in an all-aluminum alloy chassis, providing a sleek and durable design. The robust build not only adds to the amplifier’s longevity but also ensures it remains aesthetically pleasing in any setup.

One of the standout features of the V3 Mono is its swappable op-amps. This allows the end users to customize the sound signature to their liking by replacing the op-amps. This feature is particularly appreciated by audiophiles who enjoy tweaking their audio equipment for the perfect sound.

1721277859347.png

V3 Mono's front panel features an On/Auto/Off switch on the left. When set to Auto, the amp shuts off after 10 minutes if no signal is detected. On the right side, is a switch for selecting between XLR and RCA inputs. My build and testing will be using the RCA connection.

The back of the amp includes a gain switch, audio XLR/RCA inputs, one set of speaker outputs, and a 48V power connection.

1721278046268.png

Each of the V3 Mono amps uses a separate 48V 5A power supply. While they feel like they are of good quality and come with ample cord length, their size is quite large.

1721278249811.png1721278279054.png

I have built DIY enclosures using CDT drivers and upgraded crossovers. The 4” midrange driver is housed in a sealed enclosure, while the 6.75” bass driver is in a ported enclosure. This build has truly surprised me with its sound quality. The details I can hear with these drivers and the Fosi V3 Mono amps have me wanting to listen to them all the time. I find myself revisiting songs I've heard hundreds of times and discovering new details in the music. I can’t say enough good things about the quality of sound from these amps. I didn’t think a large sound would come from amplifiers of this size. Fosi will be the amp I will be using when I add a subwoofer to this setup.

The Fosi Audio V3 Mono Monoblock Power Amplifier is a remarkable piece of audio equipment that combines power, precision, and versatility. With its high-quality components, customizable sound options, and robust design, it is an excellent choice for audiophiles and audio professionals alike. Whether you are looking to upgrade your home theater, enhance your studio setup, or enjoy superior sound on your desktop, the V3 Mono delivers exceptional performance and value.

Congratulations Pwayne for your new set up.👍 There was time when posts in HFV in favour of Class D amps used to raise eyebrows. 😃
I am really glad to see class-D is rapidly getting acceptance and becoming center of focus among audiophile community. Innovations by the likes of Fosi, Aiyima and other Chi-fi have forced many established, mainstream manufcaturers opt for and add Class-D in their line ups as products or in combination. Hopefully, it will provide access, due to its affordability, for masses, to enjoy the bliss of pure audiophile music, without breaking banks.

Congratulations Pwayne for your new set up.👍 There was time when posts in HFV in favour of Class D amps used to raise eyebrows. 😃
I am really glad to see class-D is rapidly getting acceptance and becoming center of focus among audiophile community. Innovations by the likes of Fosi, Aiyima and other Chi-fi have forced many established, mainstream manufcaturers opt for and add Class-D in their line ups as products or in combination. Hopefully, it will provide access, due to its affordability, for masses, to enjoy the bliss of pure audiophile music, without breaking banks.
I for one has replaced my tube based amps with Class D. Never going back. The problem of amplification has been solved with the latest advancement in Class D thanks to stalwarts like Bruno Putzeys. There is no looking back;

Hi folks just some queries on this device
- Can it be used as a sub woofer amplifier. The way i see it, the device is missing a Gain, Frequency Cutoff and phase control knob/switch
- Is a pre-amp required before this? What is the input level (in volts) required to get is optimum performance.

Hi folks just some queries on this device
- Can it be used as a sub woofer amplifier. The way i see it, the device is missing a Gain, Frequency Cutoff and phase control knob/switch
- Is a pre-amp required before this? What is the input level (in volts) required to get is optimum performance.
Hi Jinu.
V3 mono is a clean power amplifier and it can be surely used as subwoofer amp.
There is no selectable knob for frequency etc, it has a gain switch at the back for RCA input from source although a dac Or preamp is very much in order for listening music.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back