Good headphone for pc, please suggest.

jason29

Hello guys, This time i would like to know which headphone is best to use with Computer. I have to buy this for my brother. He needs volume controller in wire of headphone so its must. I can go 3000rs too if headphone satisfy.
Sound quality = satisfy regular user(bass should not be low tho as compare to treble), not like ultra pro sound so it will be costly.
I last time bought Koss KSC75 and soundmagic pl21 according to your advice in this site. Both was nice. Looking forward to it.

I already saw Sony xd200, senn hd 201 these types don't have volume controller in wire sadly :sad:

Thanks.

It is always better to have an external sound card with volume control than a in wire built passive volume control.

I don't understand. With soundcard, still have to control volume from pc right? like volume bar in right side of window.

The problem is that good quality headphones are not aimed for PC use and so don't have volume controls. However some external sound cards like my previous Creative XFi USB card have volume controls which you can use. But these are nt cheap. Another option is to look for a good headphone amp that has volume control.

Something like a FiiO E7, DAC with Headphone Amp will be great it supports two headphone outs and has digital volume control, Wolfson DAC chip and sounds great. Use it with a Sennheiser HD202 for better bass. Total price 4000+1200.

Philips SHP2500 has a volume control on the wire. Sound is supposedly quite decent. Be warned, though, as the wire is 6 metres long.

Hi,
Why don't you try out the Senn HD202. I have got one since July 2011 and its been great. The bass and other sounds are great to hear. It cost me Rs. 1400/- and its a good value for money man even though it don't have a volume control.

Thx for reply. I finally bought senn px200II, its good enough and have volume controller too. Although i read that px100 is better or kossportapro, but px200II not so much worse then them with volume. So easy decision to make.

i received my Koss PortaPro headphone today. got it for Rs. 3100 inclusive of all. iam quit satishfied with the sound though i feel little boomy bass.
does it have a burn in time like other electronics devices or it sounds the same all the time?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back