HDMI eARC to Aux Converter Suggestions

R W

Hi All, I recently got a new smart TV that does not have a 3.5mm Aux out socket. It was there on my old TV which I used to connect to my Norge 2060 UBT amplifier via a Sonodyne equaliser. Need suggestions for a converter that will take the HDMI eARC from the TV as input and will have an Aux socket and/or 2 RCA L&R as outputs. Any good recommendations?

Hi All, I recently got a new smart TV that does not have a 3.5mm Aux out socket. It was there on my old TV which I used to connect to my Norge 2060 UBT amplifier via a Sonodyne equaliser. Need suggestions for a converter that will take the HDMI eARC from the TV as input and will have an Aux socket and/or 2 RCA L&R as outputs. Any good recommendations?
Your tv will have an optical out. You can use that with any dac you might have at home.

MaSh

Your tv will have an optical out. You can use that with any dac you might have at home.

MaSh
Yes it does have both optical and eARC outputs. I don't have any DAC currently hence my query. Which of these two provide better quality for a basic stereo setup, optical or eARC?

Yes it does have both optical and eARC outputs. I don't have any DAC currently hence my query. Which of these two provide better quality for a basic stereo setup, optical or eARC?
Nothing wrong, sounds pretty good if you connect 3.5mm analogue socket (ear phone out or aux) to your amplifier. TV remote can be used for volume and set amplifier volume to half level. DAC is good option though

Well both are more or less same when it comes to security. Earc would be better if you were using that signal for multi channel. Since you have no dac,it all depends on how much you are willing to spend on a dac to bridge the gap between the speaker and tv.

MaSh

If you use hdmi arc or bluetooth for audio output, you can use TV remote to control volume. Headphone out will also have this benefit. But optical out if you use you will have to use your amplifier to control volume. Not sure the Norge amp have the remote control.

But optical out if you use you will have to use your amplifier to control volume. Not sure the Norge amp have the remote control.
This is what I was looking for. The Norge does not have volume control via remote. So will go for the HDMI earc out to control the volume via TV. I can pair the bluetooth of the TV to the bluetooth of the amplifier but in this case I cannot use my equaliser. Hence will buy a DAC that takes HDMI in and has 3.5mm aux out and/or RCA out which can be connected to the equaliser.

Thank you all for the responses. Will update once I buy the DAC.

Grab this before it goes out of stock. This is all you need.

MaSh

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back