HDtracks to launch streaming service with FLAC and MQA formats

Caveat Emptor!

Lenbrook is the new champion for MQA after acquiring the asset following it's parent's bankruptcy filing.
Never ceases to amaze how these companies rehash the same old goods as some kind of latest greatest new thing.

MQA was a scam that failed after gas lighting the industry in connivance with the audio press and major studios.
They are now re-badging their wares with another set of specious acronyms - as the new alphabet soup du jour.
Looks like HDTracks is now (one of?) the new anointed horses on which they will ride.

The irony is that lossless audio has never been easier to provide yet these labels continue to dilute their wares with these nonsensical offerings.

Caveat Emptor!

Lenbrook is the new champion for MQA after acquiring the asset following it's parent's bankruptcy filing.
Never ceases to amaze how these companies rehash the same old goods as some kind of latest greatest new thing.

MQA was a scam that failed after gas lighting the industry in connivance with the audio press and major studios.
They are now re-badging their wares with another set of specious acronyms - as the new alphabet soup du jour.
Looks like HDTracks is now (one of?) the new anointed horses on which they will ride.

The irony is that lossless audio has never been easier to provide yet these labels continue to dilute their wares with these nonsensical offerings.

Yes, the big hype over MQA is being revived by the new company after consumers mostly are left mostly unimpressed. Most older DACs can not decode MQA, but it may be easier to stream as it’s compressed(?)
Lenbrook seems to have acquired MQA for cheap and the company may have deep pockets to sustain this effort in the long haul.

I think they are also offering FLAC streams. After all it’s from HD tracks. I have bought a couple of albums (FLAC) and the quality was excellent

This part of a quote from the company (not Darko’s) caught my attention:
“….The patents and research that underlie MQA represent significant contributions to digital audio quality due to their focus on time domain issues that have not been well understood until recently.”

Anyone decode this?

This part of a quote from the company (not Darko’s) caught my attention:
“….The patents and research that underlie MQA represent significant contributions to digital audio quality due to their focus on time domain issues that have not been well understood until recently.”

Anyone decode this?

That is word for word rote repetition of old MQA nonsense material.
All debunked thoroughly but continues to live in the dreams of the MQA faithful.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back