Help With Bookshelf Speakers

maizenbluedoc

I have researched dozens of speakers and have narrowed my search to the following: 1.Dali-Zensor 1 with Dali-Zensor Volkal center, 2. Definitive Technology SM5 with Pro Center 2000 center, and 3.Wharfedale 10.2 with 220C center. I would appreciate input from anyone owning any of the three speakers. I wish I could find a site where I could compare the speakers, but unfortunately, that does not seem possible. Thanking you in advance.

I have researched dozens of speakers and have narrowed my search to the following: 1.Dali-Zensor 1 with Dali-Zensor Volkal center, 2. Definitive Technology SM5 with Pro Center 2000 center, and 3.Wharfedale 10.2 with 220C center. I would appreciate input from anyone owning any of the three speakers. I wish I could find a site where I could compare the speakers, but unfortunately, that does not seem possible. Thanking you in advance.

Have the Z1's paired to Arcam amp. and it was earlier paired to a mCR510.
With both of th amps it sounded very good. (but that us to my ears, yours maybe different)
Secondly - Dali's have had universal praise, I'm yet to come across anyone saying that they are bad, almost all say they a good to very good speakers.

Thirdly - what amp/av are you trying to pair it with?

Fourthly - Go have a demo, you are the best judge here. Buy the ones which you like.

Cheers

As you are in Summerville SC, why not drive to Charleston and audition your picks. Charleston has many AV dealerships.

Cheers,
Raghu

Have the Z1's paired to Arcam amp. and it was earlier paired to a mCR510.
With both of th amps it sounded very good. (but that us to my ears, yours maybe different)
Secondly - Dali's have had universal praise, I'm yet to come across anyone saying that they are bad, almost all say they a good to very good speakers.

Thirdly - what amp/av are you trying to pair it with?

Fourthly - Go have a demo, you are the best judge here. Buy the ones which you like.

Cheers
I will be using the Denon AVR-S510BT receiver. I have a big problem with most of the speakers as they are too large to place anywhere near my TV which is over the fire place. The Def Tech Pro Center 2000 is the only center speaker that will fit on my mantle under the TV. While I prefer the Dali, I may not be able to fit into my scheme.

I've auditioned both Def Tech and Dali on a Marantz SR and a Pioneer Elite AVR. I will not color your shortlist with other speaker suggestions which I am so tempted to!

Def Tech is great for HT. Great bass for its size. Dali is so good looking and definitely more musical than Def Techs.

I also realized that the sonic timber was quite flat for both of these on a Pioneer. With these guidelines, my suggestion would be and as others have too; audition them yourself with the AVR you might be planning to buy. Speakers and AVR pairs behave differently in different combinations.

I would welcome any suggestions to my 'short list' as I am having a terrible time selecting speakers that will fit my scheme. The primary problem is the center speaker must fit on the mantle (so says my wife). I really like the dali's, but would have to place the speaker on a stand in front of the fireplace.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back