Hi to all from sunny Spain

spanishflyer

Maybe it's sunny in the south, but not where I live in Asturias (north of the north...)
Anyway, just got a pair of Wharfedale 8.2 for cheap, but maybe not so... One worked but the other just had the tweeter working.
I dismantled the box, to find the crossover lose and wires all over the place. Tested the base driver and it is ok.
What I would need from you kind pleople would be its crossover wiring and all the details you can find for me; I would very much appreciate it; the way the broken one looks, I will of course dismantle the other, just to make sure it is has not been handled by the same spendthrift animal.
Thanks a lot and best regards,
Spanish Flyer

Thanks for your comments Analogous,
What I basically need is the original wiring diagram with the crossover and ANY images of the original internal layout so I can guess less and do more about getting the speaker running the way it should. Right now I don't even know if the crossover is the original one; I found it "floating" inside the cabinet, and all wires between speakers, crossover and terminal block non original and of very poor quality and thickness.
I include a few pictures of the messy condition this Wharfedale 8.2 unit is in....

Attachments

• WFD8.2 H2.jpg
    WFD8.2 H2.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 4
  • WFD8.2 G.jpg
    WFD8.2 G.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 4
  • WFD8.2 F.jpg
    WFD8.2 F.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 3
  • WFD8.2 E.jpg
    WFD8.2 E.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 3
  • WFD8.2 C.jpg
    WFD8.2 C.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 3
  • WFD8.2 B.jpg
    WFD8.2 B.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 4
Maybe it's sunny in the south, but not where I live in Asturias (north of the north...)
Anyway, just got a pair of Wharfedale 8.2 for cheap, but maybe not so... One worked but the other just had the tweeter working.
I dismantled the box, to find the crossover lose and wires all over the place. Tested the base driver and it is ok.
What I would need from you kind pleople would be its crossover wiring and all the details you can find for me; I would very much appreciate it; the way the broken one looks, I will of course dismantle the other, just to make sure it is has not been handled by the same spendthrift animal.
Thanks a lot and best regards,
Spanish Flyer

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back