Home theater for 60-70K

sandeeprawat

Hi,
I'm planning to buy a new HT System and my budge is around 60-70K. I am looking for opinions from senior audiophiles.

Interest: 50-50 Movies/Music
Must have HDMI/DLNA and 5.1

Planning to build the system step by step.

Currently need advice on AVR+2.0FS. Will add rest of the stuff later.

heard from dealers during a few demos that I should choose a speaker first and than choose the avr (Speakers will likely be a lifetime investment)

Here is what I've auditioned so far (going out of budget it seems :( )

Yamaha FS (Don't remember the model) but didn't find it VFM

Polk TSX 550t: Liked it and was told RTi A7 sounds similiar (but with a wooden box) going over budget was quoted 62K but may be I can compromise on AVR and stretch my budget a little. How is 440t?

Jamo S626: Was quoted I guess 48K. Found 550t better
Jamo 426 24K..

Have heard good reviews of Dali Zensor 5/7 I was given was 55K and 70K for them. Still to audition them

Any suggestion or recommendation will greatly help.

Which AVR should I use with the above speakers?

Yamaha/Denon? Heard people facing HDMI board issues with Onkyo so unless someone suggest otherwise have striked it off the list. Marantz SR series is expensive and NR seems to be too low on power.

Denon x510bt or Yamaha 475 37K

Thanks in advance for the help.

on the other hand, how do quoted price looks like? How much discount can I expect on top of them?

Hi,
I'm planning to buy a new HT System and my budge is around 60-70K. I am looking for opinions from senior audiophiles.

Interest: 50-50 Movies/Music
Must have HDMI/DLNA and 5.1

Planning to build the system step by step.

Currently need advice on AVR+2.0FS. Will add rest of the stuff later.

heard from dealers during a few demos that I should choose a speaker first and than choose the avr (Speakers will likely be a lifetime investment)

Here is what I've auditioned so far (going out of budget it seems :( )

Yamaha FS (Don't remember the model) but didn't find it VFM

Polk TSX 550t: Liked it and was told RTi A7 sounds similiar (but with a wooden box) going over budget was quoted 62K but may be I can compromise on AVR and stretch my budget a little. How is 440t?

Jamo S626: Was quoted I guess 48K. Found 550t better
Jamo 426 24K..

Have heard good reviews of Dali Zensor 5/7 I was given was 55K and 70K for them. Still to audition them

Any suggestion or recommendation will greatly help.

Which AVR should I use with the above speakers?

Yamaha/Denon? Heard people facing HDMI board issues with Onkyo so unless someone suggest otherwise have striked it off the list. Marantz SR series is expensive and NR seems to be too low on power.

Denon x510bt or Yamaha 475 37K

Thanks in advance for the help.

on the other hand, how do quoted price looks like? How much discount can I expect on top of them?
Get any Decent avr. I dont think the marantz nr series will be bad. However Did the Jamo S426 sound good to your ears? Also is the 24k price for 2.0 or 5.0??? I had recieved a quote of 26K for the 5.0 package. Check out that. The dali zensors are very popular on the forum. Checkout the reviews too. Polk Rti is definately better than the TSX series. I have heard both side by side and the Rti is a couple of notches above tsx
How about adding a subwoofer?
When i heard the jamo s426 5.0 package with the JAMO SUB 260 and i was literally blown away by the performance of these speakers specially for the price it was a deal breaker. But unfortunately i did not have the space for these FS and so took the TSX series bookshelves. Complete 5.1 setup set me back 73k. And very happy with the setup. Many more FM's will guide you much better than me. Just have patience.

I was offered 24K for 2.0 and 426 5.1 for 54K. Your deal seems too good. You have the name/number of the dealer? Didn't audition 426 a lot. Was focused more on higher end 2.0 speakers. Think will visit the shop again for 426 5.1.

Last edited:
What are your room dimensions? If your room is around 150 Sqft, bookshelf speakers are good choice... You can spend your remaining money on center speaker....

There are good speakers in hifimart.com... Q Acoustics BS speaker for 15K, Boston Acoustics for A25 for 17K, Sonodyne Sonus 1501 for 12K... Depending on your budget & preference choose the speaker....

Coming to the AVR, if you have a budget close to 40K and if you have a friend who come by middle east, i would suggest to get it from abroad rather than buying in India...

For a 40K budget, you can get a mid range AVR easily from Abroad only if you are ready to risk warranty...Else Pioneer AVR's are modestly priced in India compared to the competition... Pioneer AVR are aval in hifimart.com too..

I was offered 24K for 2.0 and 426 5.1 for 54K. Your deal seems too good. You have the name/number of the dealer? Didn't audition 426 a lot. Was focused more on higher end 2.0 speakers. Think will visit the shop again for 426 5.1.
The quote i got was for the Jamo S426 5.0 and not 5.1. Anyway dealer name is
fairdeal electronics near crawford market. A google search will reveal their numbers and they also have a website. Check that out

Thanks Guys,

Elanos: Listening area would be around 150 sft
If I'm not wrong I'll have to get either stands for Bookshelf or do drilling to mount them on the wall. Right? Living in a rented apartments so trying to avoid drill hence more in favor of FS.

Will look at Pioneer AVR. So far haven't evaluated them at all..

Right now inclined towards Dali 5 (stretched budget) or jamo S426

Please let me know if you guys come across any good deal or have more suggestions. Open for an used AVR/Speaker in good condition.

Right,Else Pioneer AVR's are modestly priced in India compared to the competition... Pioneer AVR are aval in hifimart.com too.thanks
Eb8NST

Visited nearest store and have almost finalized on Pioneer 823K for my AVR. Any shortcomings I should be aware of?

Auditioned Zensor 5 and loved it, lacking some bass though. Also auditioned Focal 716 and it was good but slightly out of budget.

Will take a demo of Jamo 626 and 426 and then decide which ones to pick.

Can any FM advice me of the best price of Dali Zensor 5?

Received my system yesterday. 823K + zensor 5. Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys! This forum rocks!!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back