Home theatre for upto 17k

iyersn

I wish to gift to a relative living in the interiors of Maharashtra, a DVD (up scaling required) home theatre, huge room, size is quite big at 20 x 15 ft. Would prefer something like a Philips HTB 3520 (Amazon: 16k odd) budget is 15k stretchable by another 3k, Prefer Philips over Sony as Philips dvd play are more flexible I playing certain DVDs as against Sony which won't play certain DVDs. Would be for watching movies as also listening to songs. Kindly advise.

I wish to gift to a relative living in the interiors of Maharashtra, a DVD (up scaling required) home theatre, huge room, size is quite big at 20 x 15 ft. Would prefer something like a Philips HTB 3520 (Amazon: 16k odd) budget is 15k stretchable by another 3k, Prefer Philips over Sony as Philips dvd play are more flexible I playing certain DVDs as against Sony which won't play certain DVDs. Would be for watching movies as also listening to songs. Kindly advise.

Philips HTD5570/94 5.1 DVD Home Theatre System is available in Snapdeal for 17K. It is looking very sexy and will be a nice to give as a gift though I am not sure about its sound quality.

Philips HTD5570/94 5.1 DVD Home Theatre System is available in Snapdeal for 17K. It is looking very sexy and will be a nice to give as a gift though I am not sure about its sound quality.

Thanks dear. I shall check out the model and specs and if possible a demo somewhere.
I am quite skeptical of buying from Snapdeal after the reviews in one of the posts elsewhere in this forum.

philips are pretty decent. avoid sony/lg etc. as the budget is low you can opt for it. however just to tell you only those movies which have 5.1 sound output will work with it. normal movies you will be having just 2 fronts working most of the times.

please elaborate " sexy" . is it curvy ? or something specific that grabbed your eyeballs ??:ohyeah:

Hi

If you are looking for a Home Theatre in a Box (HTiB) within a specific budget, you may want to go to a local vijay sales / croma / e zone and check out the Sony IV 300 5.1 system which comes within 20k and has all the latest features a professional AV system would have. Some of HFV members have purchased the same and have posted quite a bit of positive feedback.....

Entry level professional home theatre systems start from 25k onwards and can go into lacs depending on what brand, output, speakers, features etc you want...sky is the limit...

Based on your actual requirements, budget, connectivity options etc...audition as many systems as you can with your music (carry the same in a pendrive) and then take a decision....everything boils down to your listening and decision.

The festive season is round the corner and would recommend you check with multiple dealers for the best prices possibly coupled with freebies....all the best

as the budget is low you can opt for it. however just to tell you only those movies which have 5.1 sound output will work with it. normal movies you will be having just 2 fronts working most of the times.
Eb8NST

as the budget is low you can opt for it. however just to tell you only those movies which have 5.1 sound output will work with it. normal movies you will be having just 2 fronts working most of the times.
Eb8NST

have you just copy pasted what i said above ??? increasing posts ???:mad:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back