How many lumens we actually need for a home projector ?

god2007

I am in the look out for a new home projector. Many years back I built a DIY projector so I have some knowledge and experience in the matter.

Now my question is How many lumens are actually required for a home projector ?
Many references suggests that at least 300-500 ANSI Lumens are required for a dark room which is roughly equals to 3000-5000 lumens. Rooms with ambient light require higher Lumens. But during the search I found that there are projectors with luminense as low as 100 Lumens. (Not ANSI Lumens). in Amazon and Flipkart, many customers are satisfied with LED projectors having 1500-2000-3000 Lumens, which is roughly equals to 150-300 ANSI lumens, which is less than the suggested range/ As we are aware, these are chinese made projectors and the actual brightness will be no where near the advertised ones.
I have shortlisted a few LED projects which cost around RS.10K and have brightness around 700-800 ANSI lumens. ( without android ) If I brought one of these. I expect to get some 400-500 ANSI Lumens. Am I correct ? What is the view of fellow members ? The selected models of are of Wsatco, totpro, egate and XElectron make

I am in the look out for a new home projector. Many years back I built a DIY projector so I have some knowledge and experience in the matter.

Now my question is How many lumens are actually required for a home projector ?
Many references suggests that at least 300-500 ANSI Lumens are required for a dark room which is roughly equals to 3000-5000 lumens. Rooms with ambient light require higher Lumens. But during the search I found that there are projectors with luminense as low as 100 Lumens. (Not ANSI Lumens). in Amazon and Flipkart, many customers are satisfied with LED projectors having 1500-2000-3000 Lumens, which is roughly equals to 150-300 ANSI lumens, which is less than the suggested range/ As we are aware, these are chinese made projectors and the actual brightness will be no where near the advertised ones.
I have shortlisted a few LED projects which cost around RS.10K and have brightness around 700-800 ANSI lumens. ( without android ) If I brought one of these. I expect to get some 400-500 ANSI Lumens. Am I correct ? What is the view of fellow members ? The selected models of are of Wsatco, totpro, egate and XElectron make
In my opinion, anything above 1000 ANSI lumens is good to go and it depends on the screen size as well. There are THX recommendations in FL or nits scale. Please google it ( I forgot the value). I have also heard that LED tend to appear more brighter and contrasty than a lamp-based projector of the same lumens.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back