How to Optimize My Home Theater Setup for the Best Audio & Video Experience?

valkyrie96

Need help choosing the best way to connect my home entertainment devices for the best audio and video quality.
My Setup:
  • Denon 2800H Amplifier
  • LG 65QNED88T TV (supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos)
  • Fire TV Stick 4K
  • Airtel 4K Set-Top Box
Which of these setups do you think is best?
  1. Setup 1: Connect both the Fire TV Stick and set-top box to the amplifier, then connect the amplifier to the TV via HDMI (eARC).
  2. Setup 2: Connect both the Fire TV Stick and set-top box directly to the TV, then use HDMI eARC to connect the TV to the amplifier.
  3. Setup 3: Connect only the set-top box to the TV, use the TV’s built-in apps for streaming, and connect the TV to the amplifier via HDMI eARC.
  4. Setup 4: Connect only the set-top box to the amplifier, use the TV’s built-in apps for streaming, and connect the amplifier to the TV via HDMI (eARC).
Which setup would give me the best audio and video experience? If you have any other suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Need help choosing the best way to connect my home entertainment devices for the best audio and video quality.
My Setup:
  • Denon 2800H Amplifier
  • LG 65QNED88T TV (supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos)
  • Fire TV Stick 4K
  • Airtel 4K Set-Top Box
Which of these setups do you think is best?
  1. Setup 1: Connect both the Fire TV Stick and set-top box to the amplifier, then connect the amplifier to the TV via HDMI (eARC).
  2. Setup 2: Connect both the Fire TV Stick and set-top box directly to the TV, then use HDMI eARC to connect the TV to the amplifier.
  3. Setup 3: Connect only the set-top box to the TV, use the TV’s built-in apps for streaming, and connect the TV to the amplifier via HDMI eARC.
  4. Setup 4: Connect only the set-top box to the amplifier, use the TV’s built-in apps for streaming, and connect the amplifier to the TV via HDMI (eARC).
Which setup would give me the best audio and video experience? If you have any other suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!
What are the speakers and sub you are having

Setup 1 is better. Your avr is good. But speakers not. Change the speakers . If not all at a glance first front two soeakers first then center etc
Surely, i had purchase these speakers as i was setting up in living room and large speakers were odd looking for my room.
And my TV has inbuilt apps will the eARC connection to Amp reduce audio quality ?

Honestly, which ever way you connect the equipment isn't really going to change the quality of video or audio reproduction. All connect digitally via HDMI.

Practicality is the goal here. If you plug everything into the receiver, that means it needs to come out of Stand-by. I think you can pass through only one input for the receiver. Maybe newer receivers like the one you have allow you to switch source while in stand by.

Personally, I prefer the TV acting as the HDMI switching device and arc feeding the receiver. There maybe rare instances of better audio quality but I doubt you'll be able to hear that difference.

I don't see the point in using a Fire stick if the TV's smart system of Apps do everything. Its a pointless add on. Also adds to the clutter

Honestly, which ever way you connect the equipment isn't really going to change the quality of video or audio reproduction. All connect digitally via HDMI.

Practicality is the goal here. If you plug everything into the receiver, that means it needs to come out of Stand-by. I think you can pass through only one input for the receiver. Maybe newer receivers like the one you have allow you to switch source while in stand by.

Personally, I prefer the TV acting as the HDMI switching device and arc feeding the receiver. There maybe rare instances of better audio quality but I doubt you'll be able to hear that difference.

I don't see the point in using a Fire stick if the TV's smart system of Apps do everything. Its a pointless add on. Also adds to the clutter
Agree to your points that it's ultimately personal choice. However, with the AVR doing the switching, there is one cable to the TV, and everything else in the console below. So, a cleaner look.

Also the TV's these days have clunky input switching interfaces.

IMO, the apps in the TV and the Airtel STB aren't that great. They tend to get less features. Use the Fire TV stick for the OTT content.
Connecting everything to the AVR and connecting TV to the AVR via eARC gives the best outcomes - except if you need to be able to watch content without the AVR sometimes. (In my case since my mom used to find it difficult, I used to connect all to TV so they can operate without turning on the AVR). While AVR will pass the signal even when it is on standby, you can't do input switching if all are on AVR.
ANother option would be to connect to the most frequently used source (say STB) to the TV directly and connect the other source to AVR.

I have LG oled C9 and it has hdmi 2.1, which i think makes life easier. My PS5, CCTV hdmi cable are connected to the tv direct. AVR is connected through eArc. TV and PS5 are on inverter sockets, so even if there is a power cut, I get enough time to switch of the ps5.

Will prefer option 1 where all inputs go to AVR. Assume some content on set top box gets image upscaled by the AVR to project better images. You may have to connect the set top box parallelly (via YBR) so that elders can use it without avr

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back