I need help building a Home Theatre audio system in instalments. Total budget 1-2Lk. Current 30k (flexible)

Hey guys,

This is for a new construction and we are about to add a ceiling and cabinets. So it makes sense to figure out the wiring beforehand and have a clear plan in my mind going forward.

As you can see in the attached image it's an open kitchen-living space. The living area is about 16 x 11, ceiling height will be about 9 feet. Primary use is TV shows and Movies.

I won't have the budget to buy everything at once so I want to understand how I can do a 2.0 and build my way up there. Already have 65" UHD TV, plan to add Apple TV/ Fire TV Cube, 120" screen and 4K projector, not included in this budget. Just want your help to figure out the Audio system.

Ideally, I should add two speakers first and build my way up from there to either 5.1, 5.2, or 5.1.2. And I have the following questions for the same:

1) Can I add just 2 monitors/ speakers without a receiver to get started?
2) Should I try going for 5.1.2 or would 5.1 or 5.2 be enough for this room?
3) Do I consider ceiling speakers? Or is Dolbys Atmos enabled speaker setup a better route? Which is more budget-friendly?
4) Finally, what's the recommended order of the purchase for building a 5.1, 5.2 or 5.1.2 ? Ideally I'd like to go 2.0, 2.1, 3.1, 3.1.2, and finally 5.1.2, at what point should I get a receiver?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 12.39.19 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 12.39.19 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
To listen music or movies first we need a receiver. Then buy 2 front speakers. Then sub. Rest later you can. 7.2 receiver is preferred. Aort from 5.1.2 atmos 7.1 surround system gives you good surround exoerience.

Ideally, I should add two speakers first and build my way up from there to either 5.1, 5.2, or 5.1.2. And I have the following questions for the same:

1) Can I add just 2 monitors/ speakers without a receiver to get started?

4) Finally, what's the recommended order of the purchase for building a 5.1, 5.2 or 5.1.2 ? Ideally I'd like to go 2.0, 2.1, 3.1, 3.1.2, and finally 5.1.2, at what point should I get a receiver?
1. Yes. In my view - just get 2 good speakers first. Forget the rest. Look around, search in classifieds. have patience they will come.
2. Same for receiver - buy used, old. Even non HDMI receivers are good...Use optical in for audio.
1&2 can be done simultaneously within your budget.
Don't buy brand new.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back