Indian classical music on vinyl

I think it will not be so difficult to get mint indian classical vinyls because this genre is not everyone's cup of tea rather a few music lovers listen to it. You can visit local sellers in your locality . Besides this, for sale section in our lovely forum is another place where one can get preloved vinyls.
Regards

Could anyone here suggest where I can get hold of Indian classical music on vinyl, preferably mint?
Thanks
Discogs. Alternatively, old records shop/dealer in your city. You probably know them already if you are a record collector.

If you aren’t insistent on vinyl, but open to explore CDs, then AIR and NCPA have a lot to their recordings available as CDs.

For one time listening and exploring, you’d find the following apps and platforms are dedicated to Indian classical music:
- Ragya
- HCL Music
- Saregama Classical
- Saarey Music

Also the following internet radio stations play only Hindustani classical 24x7:
- Shanti Shanti
- Sandesh Radio
- Sangeet Samvaad

Archive.org has many older Indian classical albums uploaded, some even in FLAC/WAV form that you can download and play through your computer/streamer.

Last edited:
Discogs. Alternatively, old records shop/dealer in your city. You probably know them already if you are a record collector.

If you aren’t insistent on vinyl, but open to explore CDs, then AIR and NCPA have a lot to their recordings available as CDs.

For one time listening and exploring, you’d find the following apps and platforms are dedicated to Indian classical music:
- Ragya
- HCL Music
- Saregama Classical
- Saarey Music

- Shanti Shanti
- Sandesh Radio
- Sangeet Samvaad

Archive.org has many older Indian classical albums uploaded, some even in FLAC/WAV form that you can download and play through your computer/streamer.
Hello, sachin. Does AIR sell CDs even now? I am asking because last time I tried to buy some indian classical music albums from prasarbharti website but I couldn't. Heard somewhere that they stopped selling. Also what is NCPA?
Regards

- Ragya
- HCL Music
- Saregama Classical
- Saarey Music

- Shanti Shanti
- Sandesh Radio
- Sangeet Samvaad

Many thanks for your message. Discogs stopped shipping to India, unfortunately. I don't really listen to CDs.

Try Pilak Bhatt at musiccircle.co.in.
He has a good selection.

Also In Mumbai, there is Jitender Savla at 9224055231.
Thanks
other than musiccircle, try the new gramophone house. https://newgramophonehouse.com/product-category/vinyl-records/vinyl-records-12″/indian-classical-instrumental-vinyls-12″/
Thanks

Hello, sachin. Does AIR sell CDs even now? I am asking because last time I tried to buy some indian classical music albums from prasarbharti website but I couldn't. Heard somewhere that they stopped selling. Also what is NCPA?
Regards
Bhaskar, hi. I am not aware of the current status on AIR sale of CDs. NCPA is National Center for the Performing Arts based in Mumbai, which has been organising concerts of Indian classical stalwarts from the 70s and has converted many of them into CDs.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back