Is this good buy

Dr vinit

Hi this is Vinit from varanasi
I am going to setup new home theatre system and has been offered kef speakers (q)with Yamaha 475 amplifier for 2.5 lakh including cables, stand and transportation. Is this right buy and what about the quality of product. I am first time buyer and fond of action movies.

Hi this is Vinit from varanasi
I am going to setup new home theatre system and has been offered kef speakers (q)with Yamaha 475 amplifier for 2.5 lakh including cables, stand and transportation. Is this right buy and what about the quality of product. I am first time buyer and fond of action movies.

Have you heard this setup if not I would suggest take some time off and take your movie CDs and travel to the dealers place even if its spending some amount & time in travel as this is not a small amount to spare for a blind buy. Once you take auditions then better take up multiple combinations at different dealers and then decide you will not regret it later.

dr vinit,

Unless you want to spend that kind of money on a new rig - probably you can get as much enjoyment by

looking at pre-owned equipment
making a small trip to delhi and visiting few dealers with your CD's / DVD's

Tell the forum your room size
What % of your time will be movies : music ?
and your budget

and try to engage in conversation on this forum to understand nuances ( most of it ) before you spend this much money.

Make sure you get full value for your money.

Hi Dr Vinit,

Would agree that you need to audition first all available within budget systems to decide...based on your use and taste in movies and music, you need to trust your ears and eyes...there are ample reviews and opinions available on this forum and internet..all you need is to do a search....pre owned is also a good option as most of us keep changing systems with new market innovations and technology...all the best!

why dont you start with a small setup first and then slowly work your way up instead of putting such a large chunk in the first go? Electronics are depreciating investments.
You can get a decent stereo amp and speakers at 1/10 th the price you are investing .

Last edited:
Rs.2.5 lakh is very good budget.Yamaha & KEF is a good brands.
Based on reviews KEF is generally regarded good for music than movies.
Since you are investing a huge money, You need to audition various combo of AVR & speakers to hear the sound and decide based on your likings.

doc

before we can advice

can you let us know the exact items you will get for the quoted amount

which and how many KEF speakers
which amp
etc etc

what exactly is 2.5 lack getting you

only reviewing that can we confirm whether its a fair price/deal or not

120w per channel front pure 3 way bass reflex design bookshelf speaker with 1?25 mm uni q Hf driver, 125 mm Mf and 165 mm aluminium Lf ----kef q300 1 pair
120 w rms per channel dipole surround speaker --- kef q 800 ds 1 pair
130 w rms 3 way bass reflex center speaker with1?130 mm MF, 1?130mm Lf + aluminium abr ---- kef q200c I pc
10" front firing sealed enclosure active subwoofer with 200 w inbuilt class D amplification -- kef q400b 1 pc
90 w rms per channel 5.1 surround amplifier with compatibility for 4k 3d and hdmi2.0 ---- Yamaha 475

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back