JBL 1300 soundbar or home theatre under 2 lac?

Pragunjain

Hi,
What would be the better of the two choices, JBL soundbar 1300 which claims 11.1.4 channel setup or should I build a simple 5.1.2 setup. Main criteria for selection would be sound quality and sound level.

Hi,
What would be the better of the two choices, JBL soundbar 1300 which claims 11.1.4 channel setup or should I build a simple 5.1.2 setup. Main criteria for selection would be sound quality and sound level.
With a budget of ~ 2 lakhs you would be better off with a 5.2.2 or 7.1 or similar unless space is a constraint. Usually sound bars find it difficult to match an AVR + separates. There is also Sony's theater quad which is somewhere between the 2 - a sound bar and discrete components but again more of a style cum space appeal rather than performance..

With a budget of ~ 2 lakhs you would be better off with a 5.2.2 or 7.1 or similar unless space is a constraint. Usually sound bars find it difficult to match an AVR + separates. There is also Sony's theater quad which is somewhere between the 2 - a sound bar and discrete components but again more of a style cum space appeal rather than performance..
Any suggestions for speakers? I have auditioned q acoustic 3000 series and I liked it.

Any suggestions for speakers? I have auditioned q acoustic 3000 series and I liked it.
Contact Anil (Hifimart) he will guide you on speakers and AVR based on your budget. Avshack was offering the Denon 3800 for INR 98k. I dont have any experience with them but you can reach out and see. The 3800 will give you option of Dirac and Pre-outs for all channels which will be future proof (for 3-5 years).

Hi,
If you are married then go for the JBL 1300 soundbar.
I designed my sister's house and designed the living room to incorporate a good home theater system but she didn't allow us even when there was enough space. Now the wires for surrounds are just lying there underground with no use.
So probably your wife will also not allow you to have a big AVR and speakers.
Then we bought the JBL 1300 had auditioned Bose lifestyle 650 but JBL was better and at a much lesser price. Bought it for 1.35 Lakhs at that time. It is a good sound bar with truly wireless rear speakers operated using inbuilt batteries compared to powered adapters to be used with Bose. It supports dolby atmos surround is good, the 10 inch wireless subwoofer is decent but you will not get the trues atmos or even 5.1 feel that I get compared to my Onkyo HTR-393 receiver. All the sound comes from the center which the most major drawback of a sound bar. Otherwise it is good. But I wonder if there is any benefit of buying the 1300 model over the 800 or just the normal 5.1 model with wireless speakers and wireless subwoofer. The subwoofer is the same in all of them. The atmos effect is hardly felt though it is actually there but you have to elevate your consciousness to understand that. The surround speakers can be attached one sides of the sound bar making it one unit when not in use. They still work and keep getting charged. They can be used as separate bluetooth speakers as well but the quality will be just like a small satellite speaker. Two surrounds can be paired together also ti get stereo effect. They can also be attached to each other to create a mini sound bar. The 1300 model does not come with a side cover for the sound bar when the surrounds are removed from it but other models have a plastic cover which you can put on the sound bar when surround speakers are in use separately.
All that said it is better to go with AVR and speakers. Marantz Cinema 60 AVR (approx 105000) with Taga Harmony 506 or 606 speakers package (30000-50000) plus Taga 807 bookshelf speaker with a 12 inch subwoofer shall be within you budget. You can also go for QAcoustics satellite speaker package with comes with subwoofer (approx 30000-35000 including subwoofer)

If you are married then go for the JBL 1300 soundbar.
I designed my sister's house and designed the living room to incorporate a good home theater system but she didn't allow us even when there was enough space. Now the wires for surrounds are just lying there underground with no use.
So probably your wife will also not allow you to have a big AVR and speakers.
Then we bought the JBL 1300 had auditioned Bose lifestyle 650 but JBL was better and at a much lesser price. Bought it for 1.35 Lakhs at that time. It is a good sound bar with truly wireless rear speakers operated using inbuilt batteries compared to powered adapters to be used with Bose. It supports dolby atmos surround is good, the 10 inch wireless subwoofer is decent but you will not get the trues atmos or even 5.1 feel that I get compared to my Onkyo HTR-393 receiver. All the sound comes from the center which the most major drawback of a sound bar. Otherwise it is good. But I wonder if there is any benefit of buying the 1300 model over the 800 or just the normal 5.1 model with wireless speakers and wireless subwoofer. The subwoofer is the same in all of them. The atmos effect is hardly felt though it is actually there but you have to elevate your consciousness to understand that. The surround speakers can be attached one sides of the sound bar making it one unit when not in use. They still work and keep getting charged. They can be used as separate bluetooth speakers as well but the quality will be just like a small satellite speaker. Two surrounds can be paired together also ti get stereo effect. They can also be attached to each other to create a mini sound bar. The 1300 model does not come with a side cover for the sound bar when the surrounds are removed from it but other models have a plastic cover which you can put on the sound bar when surround speakers are in use separately.
All that said it is better to go with AVR and speakers. Marantz Cinema 60 AVR (approx 105000) with Taga Harmony 506 or 606 speakers package (30000-50000) plus Taga 807 bookshelf speaker with a 12 inch subwoofer shall be within you budget. You can also go for QAcoustics satellite speaker package with comes with subwoofer (approx 30000-35000 including subwoofer)
Thanks for the detailed answer. I am currently single and my house is under construction so getting audio system designed and install is possible but as you suggested it will be more cumbersome and complex compared to just buying a soundbar. I have not yet auditioned JBL soundbar so will give it a try and see if u like it.

Also where can get these great prices? I live in Delhi so if you know any trusted dealer where I can audition the setups and get a great deal do let me know

I had a 5.1 HT system consisting of a marantz receiver and kef speakers. I then switched to a bose 900 sound bar + svs pb1000 sub. Never been happier. No wires running across the living room. Wife happier and that makes all the difference. Go for a avr+speaker setup only if you fit in all the speakers cleanly and lay the cables out of sight. Modern top of the line sound bars these days can do almost 80% of what a properly tuned avr+speakers setup can.

MaSh

Thanks for the detailed answer. I am currently single and my house is under construction so getting audio system designed and install is possible but as you suggested it will be more cumbersome and complex compared to just buying a soundbar. I have not yet auditioned JBL soundbar so will give it a try and see if u like it.

Also where can get these great prices? I live in Delhi so if you know any trusted dealer where I can audition the setups and get a great deal do let me know
We bought it in 2023 and prices might have gone up by now. We bought it from DLF mall saket. You can give them a visit and they have all the sound bars available for demo.
As you stated that house is under construction the time is right for you to get the cables inserted. You cannot compare the sound bar even a 5.1 system. The sound that comes out from even 5 inch speakers is much better than the sound of small PC type speakers in a sound bar.
I am also from Delhi and also an interior desgner, I can help you with getting the wires etc. I did this even though we did not biuld a AVR system. You can DM and we can exchange contacts.

We bought it in 2023 and prices might have gone up by now. We bought it from DLF mall saket. You can give them a visit and they have all the sound bars available for demo.
As you stated that house is under construction the time is right for you to get the cables inserted. You cannot compare the sound bar even a 5.1 system. The sound that comes out from even 5 inch speakers is much better than the sound of small PC type speakers in a sound bar.
I am also from Delhi and also an interior desgner, I can help you with getting the wires etc. I did this even though we did not biuld a AVR system. You can DM and we can exchange contacts.
Sure

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back