Kindly suggest any amplifier for the speakers of my damaged Sony HTS

samml

Dear Experts,

My Sony 5.1 home theatre system is dead now. I had purchased it for Rs. 19,500.
I could able to use it for just 2 years and 9 months in total before it got completely damaged.
So after continuous discussions and follow ups, Sony people have told that (though not given the commitment yet) they would give me a discount of 25 %( on M.R.P.) on a new product provided I buy a product of the same price range again and return all the original doc.s and the entire damaged set to them.
I do not know whether they would provide me with a new set or a refurbished one. I have this doubt because Sony will directly supply me the product and not through any authorized dealer.

Now the question is, is there any way to use the speakers as they are in perfect condition?
If yes, kindly suggest.
The product details and speaker details are as below.
Make SONY
Model No. DAV-DZ390K/CE12

The link
Archived DAV-DZ390K : DVD Home Theatre System : Home Theatre System : Sony India
Type Name Speaker System Speaker Unit Rated
Impedance Dimensions
(W X H X D) Mass No. of
Units
Front/
Surround SS-TS94 Full Range
Bass Reflex 65 mm Cone Type 3 ohms 103mm X 225mm X 91mm 0.7 kg 4 units
Center SS-CT91 Full Range Bass Reflex
Magnetically Shielded 65 mm Cone Type 3 ohms 265mm X 94mm X 77mm 0.7 kg 1 unit
Subwoofer SS-WS93 Subwoofer Bass Reflex 180mm Cone Type 1.5 ohms 225mm X 395mm X 335mm 6.5 kg 1 unit

(I do not have any trust or confidence with their quality any more after this miserable experience. It was my first entry into hifi world. I did a great mistake by not opting for a Norge product at that time, or at least an Onkyo which they were selling along with Sony HTS.)
Humm my bad luck!!

Waiting for your valuable suggestions.:sad:

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Samml

Hi samml

Sorry to hear about the loss!
Take heart to know that the valuable piece of the HTIB you bought is already gone and you are left with only the scrap (ie the speakers).

OK that was harsh. What I was trying to convey is that you are not likely to be impressed with the sound you can get by simply attaching an AVR (amplifier and more) with your speakers.

You have to now mention your budget so that the experts on this forum will be able to give a suitable suggestion.

If you have a budget of around 26k, you can consider Onkyo 3500. If you can increase your budget by another 5k or so, you have options like Denon 1312xp or Yamaha YHT 298...

Dear Experts,

My Sony 5.1 home theatre system is dead now. I had purchased it for Rs. 19,500.
I could able to use it for just 2 years and 9 months in total before it got completely damaged.
So after continuous discussions and follow ups, Sony people have told that (though not given the commitment yet) they would give me a discount of 25 %( on M.R.P.) on a new product provided I buy a product of the same price range again and return all the original doc.s and the entire damaged set to them.
I do not know whether they would provide me with a new set or a refurbished one. I have this doubt because Sony will directly supply me the product and not through any authorized dealer.

Now the question is, is there any way to use the speakers as they are in perfect condition?
If yes, kindly suggest.
The product details and speaker details are as below.
Make SONY
Model No. DAV-DZ390K/CE12

The link
Archived DAV-DZ390K : DVD Home Theatre System : Home Theatre System : Sony India
Type Name Speaker System Speaker Unit Rated
Impedance Dimensions
(W X H X D) Mass No. of
Units
Front/
Surround SS-TS94 Full Range
Bass Reflex 65 mm Cone Type 3 ohms 103mm X 225mm X 91mm 0.7 kg 4 units
Center SS-CT91 Full Range Bass Reflex
Magnetically Shielded 65 mm Cone Type 3 ohms 265mm X 94mm X 77mm 0.7 kg 1 unit
Subwoofer SS-WS93 Subwoofer Bass Reflex 180mm Cone Type 1.5 ohms 225mm X 395mm X 335mm 6.5 kg 1 unit

(I do not have any trust or confidence with their quality any more after this miserable experience. It was my first entry into hifi world. I did a great mistake by not opting for a Norge product at that time, or at least an Onkyo which they were selling along with Sony HTS.)
Humm my bad luck!!

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Samml

do you still have these speakers, i would like to buy them if you have these unsed

Thanks

Humm my bad luck!!

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Samml

Well that's tough. How did you manage to drop it? Were there any other issues right the system ? Did you enjoy it? If you did I would suggest you take their offer and get a new one rather than trying to repair, re-use, this system in parts or as a whole. Is Sony not open to you adding a bit more and going in for the latest model in the same price range with all new warranty?

MaSh

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back