Kolarkar Audio Research OPT

sann

Recently I had the opportunity of meeting Mr Asnain Kolarkar of Kolarkar audio research.

He visited me with the output transformers he built for my 2A3/45 amp.

Earlier I used edcor and Hashimto OPT's which I understood after listening to his transformers were only producing midrange and lacking the low frequency and overall refinement substantially.

The biggest surprise was they seem to be transferring more power as now I don't have to turn the volume knob as much, which inturn is resulting in more authority while driving the speakers.

I am am extremely satisfied to have found such great quality OPT in India. And highly appreciate the work Mr Kolarkar is doing at a young age.

Last edited:
I have been using amps built with his transformers and based on special designs by some famous American gurus. They are fabulous. My EL84 (yes 84) PP in class A2 does 35 WPC while being really musical.
IMO if you use his trafos in your amp you are almost touching the mark to superb performance, but for real top grade audio Nirvana , get a amp built as per those designs. @yogibear does some great builds.

Regards,

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back