LED and Speakers - For Parents

kapilg

Hi Friends,
I want to buy a LED TV and a speaker system for my parents.
My total budget is 50-55 K for both things.

I have finalized
Onida LEO5000F 125.73 cm (50) LED TV - Please suggest if there is any better option in this range (40k)

They already have a WDTV Live player and 1 TB harddisk that I reload every six month or so (My parents live in MP, not with me)

I also want to buy a speaker system (2.1 or 5.1) for them because LED TVs normally does not sound that good.

Please suggest what are the options available for me.

Thanks.

Micromax 49/50 inch LED for around 32K in Flipkart... So you can spend the rest on a good 2.0 system...Probably powered speakers like Audio Engine (or) Swans speakers...

Micromax 49/50 inch LED for around 32K in Flipkart... So you can spend the rest on a good 2.0 system...Probably powered speakers like Audio Engine (or) Swans speakers...

Thanks for the reply.
1) I want to avoid Micromax for its brand perception (not quality)
2) What does a 2.0 system mean. Please give some exact model number etc so that I can search on net to understand more.

Much appreciated

Hi Kapil,

Thoshiba LED are good with a Sound Bar attached to the TV. One of my friends has 32 Inch and the Sound from LED is enough to fill the Medium room.

Just visit the local Showroom and checkout on the Toshiba, If you dont like then Just Move on to Sony, even there entry level TV has good loaded decent speakers and I have one at my home as well.

If you are not happy with the sound from TV,Then go for Separate music System. As Elango Sir Suggested Check our for Audio Engine, Swans and even Edifier seems having god reviews.
2.0 - Have 2 Speakers and One speaker would have a Amplifier attached to it.So no need for dedicated amplifier. Just plug the AC Cord Pin from the Speaker to the Scoket,then connect the RCA cables from TV to AUX of the Speaker.

Thanks for the reply.
1) I want to avoid Micromax for its brand perception (not quality)
2) What does a 2.0 system mean. Please give some exact model number etc so that I can search on net to understand more.

Much appreciated

Anyways Micromax is very cheap by price (32K).. But they offer only 1 yr warranty... Check if Onida offer 2 yrs additional warranty...

You can also consider VU 50 inch model for around 38K in FLipkart.. They provide 2 yrs additional warranty...

I was referring to Audio Engine A2 powered speakers.. Swans i am not aware of the model.. Other FM should be able to pitch in here...

I also want to buy a speaker system (2.1 or 5.1) for them because LED TVs normally does not sound that good.
Did they say that they want/need it or are you assuming that they need it? I'm asking because a friend of mine bought an expensive HT rig for his parents and when he demoed it to them they said - "What do we need all that 'noise' for"?. :D

The sound from TV's are more than adequate for casual viewing. If at all they find the need for more sound, buy an inexpensive sound bar.

Did they say that they want/need it or are you assuming that they need it? I'm asking because a friend of mine bought an expensive HT rig for his parents and when he demoed it to them they said - "What do we need all that 'noise' for"?. :D

The sound from TV's are more than adequate for casual viewing. If at all they find the need for more sound, buy an inexpensive sound bar.

Thanks friends for advice.
I was assuming for my parents. But many a times you have to assume things. They would not know what is it, if they dont see it for themselves.
I get your point though !
Thanks

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back