Maggie Smith passes away

sachinchavan 15865

IMG_0273.jpeg

I’ve only see her act in recent productions. This of course includes the legendary Downton Abbey series and Harry Potter films, but also smaller, but eminently beautiful films - The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and The Lady in The Van (which you ‘should’ see if you are her fan). But yet, she has such a unique, respectful image in my mind. And I am sure in the minds of everyone who ever saw her on the screen even once.

I haven’t seen any of her performances in younger days. I need to look for some movies and watch, but I hope that doesn’t affect my mental image of Maggie Smith as a wise and compassionate, but also sharply intelligent senior.

IMG_0274.webp

My dear peers, it is that time of our lives when we keep regularly losing older people who contributed to who we are, not just in person, but even through books, art, music, films etc. Each such loss makes us more aware of life’s mortality. But also, as a silver lining, allows us moments such as these to reminisce, celebrate and feel grateful for their existence.

RIP Dame Maggie Smith. RIP Miss Shepherd. RIP Dowager Violet Crawley. RIP Prof Minerva McGonagall.

IMG_0275.jpeg

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back