Mains transformer

panditji

Hi

My Logicstat mains transformer got damaged last month and I have been loking for a new mainline transformer with copper winding... I came across Servokon and they have a Servo transformer for mains as well as an Isolation transformer both of 5KVA with the latter being only 2.5k extra in cost...

Is it better to put an Isolation transformer single phase on the phase in which I keep my audio equipment? Any noticeable improvement in power quality and hence extra protection for all the devices on that phase?

Update: Got an Isolation transformer installed on my mains phase on which the audio equipment is.. I feel that the volume from the amplifier has become slightly lower .. Could an isolation transformer make such a thing happen or is it just me listening to my system after 5 months?

Update: Got an Isolation transformer installed on my mains phase on which the audio equipment is.. I feel that the volume from the amplifier has become slightly lower .. Could an isolation transformer make such a thing happen or is it just me listening to my system after 5 months?
An isolation transformer would not reduce the amplifier volume. In my case the Bass immediately tightened up and became clearer.

However, there is a difference in the making of an isolation transformer. It depends upon the laminations used for the core of the transformer. There are 2 main types CRGO and CRNO. CRGO is " cold rolled grain oriented". CRGO is what we want. It generates a better magnetic field and has lesser magnetic losses in the core. Preferably the transformer ratio should be 1:1.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back