Make an exception to the eligibility for classifieds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishalrao

Howdy @ mods !

Wondering if an exception (one time) can be made for me to post a for-sale thread for my high end desktop PC?

I have only 51 posts though I've been here a couple of years - I don't want to post just for the sake of it and to cross the 91 threshold :)

I can send you the text for the for-sale post to review if that helps.

Thanks!

I too have been in the same boat as yours, been a silent member since last 11 years and have posted only 60 times, since have gained more reading on this forum.

Have couple of items lying idle since I upgraded and don't want to list those items on olx or any other website.

Admin is requested to pl relook at the policy and if their is consensus pl get it modified to help people like us.

Well I guess not.

My intention was to ask for an exception to the rule just for me and just for this one sale.

But if so many eager beavers are coming out of the woodwork with the same request it no longer is an exception but asking to change the rule 🙃

Still, one can hope.

Howdy @ mods !

Wondering if an exception (one time) can be made for me to post a for-sale thread for my high end desktop PC?

I have only 51 posts though I've been here a couple of years - I don't want to post just for the sake of it and to cross the 91 threshold :)

I can send you the text for the for-sale post to review if that helps.

Thanks!

Hi Vishal,

As you might have guessed we get hundreds of requests for exceptions to be made. Unfortunately, we have had a spate of fly by night operators who use our forum community to dispose of their used gear with little to no regard for the forum members when something goes wrong after the sale. This usually leads to a lot of unpleasantness where we as Mods have to get involved.

In order to avoid this we first installed a min post count and membership time period to filter out some of these unwanted elements. It also gives the community some time to interact with a forum member before deciding to make a purchase or a sale. However, even this was not sufficient to filter out some of the unwanted elements. We have now installed a further paid membership upgrade to the "Classifieds Forum" in a further attempt to weed out the unnecessary elements. This is still a work in progress but we have seen a drastic reduction in "troublesome" sales.

Sorry for the long winding reply but we have put a lot of thought and effort to safeguard our forum community. I would suggest you to be more active on the forums and before long you should be able to qualify for the Classifieds.

Regards

I would suggest you to be more active on the forums
Excellent suggestion.
There is more to be gained from the forum than just buying-selling.
But if sharing experiences, opinions, learning about audio, music and related topics comes second to selling or buying audio equipment there are Facebook and WhatsApp groups that work much better (IMO). If you post a question on this I am sure some FM would help you get connected.🙂

Thank you @Nikhil for the reply :)

Did I read correctly that I can get a paid membership upgrade to post a sale thread?

How do I sign up for that?

I would prefer doing that (I don't mind providing ID proof etc) because it's difficult for me to post quality content here haha and I don't want to post just for the sake of it - meaning it will be a very long time before I become eligible that way.

Thanks again!

edit: @Analogous yep I've posted my sale in other fora already - it's a relatively high-value sale so I'm so far not getting concrete responses - I just gotta be patient I guess.

Did I read correctly that I can get a paid membership upgrade to post a sale thread?

You will qualify once you finish 91 posts on the forum.
This is in place to ensure a min amount of participation in the forum before you can upgrade to the Classifieds Forum.

Thank you @Nikhil for the reply :)

I would prefer doing that (I don't mind providing ID proof etc) because it's difficult for me to post quality content here haha and I don't want to post just for the sake of it - meaning it will be a very long time before I become eligible that way.

Thanks again!

edit: @Analogous yep I've posted my sale in other fora already - it's a relatively high-value sale so I'm so far not getting concrete responses - I just gotta be patient I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back