Metrum Jade DAC/Preamp

AP@1992

Hello folks,

Any experience with Metrum Jade. Looking at used market.

Primary use is to use as this an a DAC (I am told it's has a decent one) with its some form of lossless volume control via remote and control some of my tube amps which has volume control but comes without remote.

I already use Pontus II/Weiss Minerva (both are pure DAC's) in my main set-up. I will take it if Metrum Jade is about 80-90 percent there.

Any other solution which has a DAC/some form of lossless volume control and comes with a remote and comes close to Pontus II/Minerva, please do suggest.

Under 1 lakh. Used preferred.

Regards
Abinash

Why do you want so many DACs? Just find one that is fantastic and get rid of the rest.

Hahaha. Minvera is passed on to me. Can't get rid of it. I don't want to also.

Pontus II, my main stay.

This new DAC, I need as DAC/Preamp, to operate some tube amps remotely in a office set up. They don't have remote control.

Why do you want so many DACs? Just find one that is fantastic and get rid of the rest.
To find the “one” sometimes we have to try several
Tonal character, synergy and other unpredictable elements make it so.
For some its speakers, others its amps, headphones or cables etc.
For many it’s all of them.
Cursed to explore with no end in sight in pursuit of the chimera of a perfect sound.

Hahaha. Minvera is passed on to me. Can't get rid of it. I don't want to also.

Pontus II, my main stay.

This new DAC, I need as DAC/Preamp, to operate some tube amps remotely in a office set up. They don't have remote control.
Then might as well buy a real preamp instead of a DAC/preamp? Most preamps built into DACs are compromised. Only the real high end ones have proper analog preamps.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back