Need help picking AVR (100k budget) - upgrading from stereo setup

Honkydefender

Hi everyone,

I have the current stereo setup:
- Focal Aria 926 tower speakers
- SVS PB2000 pro subwoofer
- Marantz MM7025 power amplifier
- Yamaha WXC-50 streaming pre-amp - to stream music/TV audio through optical

Usage is 50:50 between music and movies. No gaming. I enjoy the focal sound signature esp the dynamics, and the Marantz probably reigns it in to make it smooth for long listening sessions else they can get too bright/forward. I wish I had gone for a sealed sub, or something less boomy, but was optimizing for pressurizing a large room.

I'm moving to a new house and am upgrading to a 5.1 HT setup there. I plan to get a matching Focal Aria center speaker and surrounds, plus an AVR to run all of this. Budget for AVR is 1 lakh, but flexible to move up or down.

1. What AVRs do you recommend looking at?
2. Should I continue to use the Marantz power amp to drive the left/right speakers? Or replace everything with one AVR? I'm also going to setup another system on the terrace (looking at definitive technology AW6500s for that), and can move the streamer + amp to that setup if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

Usage is 50:50 between music and movies. No gaming. I enjoy the focal sound signature esp the dynamics, and the Marantz probably reigns it in to make it smooth for long listening sessions else they can get too bright/forward. I wish I had gone for a sealed sub, or something less boomy, but was optimizing for pressurizing a large room.

I'm moving to a new house and am upgrading to a 5.1 HT setup there. I plan to get a matching Focal Aria center speaker and surrounds, plus an AVR to run all of this. Budget for AVR is 1 lakh, but flexible to move up or down.

2. Should I continue to use the Marantz power amp to drive the left/right speakers? Or replace everything with one AVR? I'm also going to setup another system on the terrace (looking at definitive technology AW6500s for that), and can move the streamer + amp to that setup if needed.

Thanks in advance!
Consider Marantz cibema 50 and Denon 3800

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
Would have suggested Yamaha RXV A6A but that will be out of budget. Then Denon 3800 @ 98k- 100k is better option.

Consider Marantz cibema 50 and Denon 3800
General consensus. Yes. But how is rz50?
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
MAy be use the old setup too with avr. Better!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back