Need help regarding Dac and Cdplayer.

debkumar.de

I have ordered Denon DCD-600NE(replacing cheap philips dvd player) and I already have Fx Audio Dac X6. My question is "Does this cd player(having Ultra-Precision 32-Bit/192kHz DAC and Denon's AL32 processing Technology) really Need a Dac like x6 connected via Optical output(TosLink Cables). Does the Dac x6 be able to uplift the sound quality more or Denon DCD-600NE doesn't need it?

Attachments

• IMG_20240922_160632.jpg
    IMG_20240922_160632.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I have ordered Denon DCD-600NE(replacing cheap philips dvd player) and I already have Fx Audio Dac X6. My question is "Does this cd player(having Ultra-Precision 32-Bit/192kHz DAC and Denon's AL32 processing Technology) really Need a Dac like x6 connected via Optical output(TosLink Cables). Does the Dac x6 be able to uplift the sound quality more or Denon DCD-600NE doesn't need it?
Since you have already ordered the CD player you should be able to answer the question yourself. Usually one DAC has a different flavor compared to the other. I think we are past the point where data could be lost or missing between 2 DACs (unless they are in very entry level devices). Usually one DAC will push certain frequencies whether by design or use of components giving the feeling of airiness/forwardness, etc.

You can compare yourself. one use the analog output of the CD player direct to the amp and second take digital out from the CD player and route it through the FX x6 dac. Under all probable possibilities the denon CD player internal dac will be superior but all depends on personal liking.

You can compare yourself. one use the analog output of the CD player direct to the amp and second take digital out from the CD player and route it through the FX x6 dac. Under all probable possibilities the denon CD player internal dac will be superior but all depends on personal liking.
Thanks for the reply.

If I play the cd player with Topping E30 II then will it improve the SQ or that dac is also interior to the denon dcd600-ne? Pls reply. Thank you very much in advance.

If I play the cd player with Topping E30 II then will it improve the SQ or that dac is also interior to the denon dcd600-ne? Pls reply. Thank you very much in advance.
It all depends, hear and decide. Comparison and what suits best to your ears,. There is nothing like better or best it is all our own judgement. I made a comparison a few years back when my NAD CD player internal dac was working fine. I compared it with an external dac tonal quality, one playing CD direct to integrated amp with rca connectivity and second CD player as transport only using a digital co-axial cable and routing it through a basic entry level Schiit midi 3 dac. To my ears the schiit was better so I decided to use it permanently. Later my CD player developed some problem and now from many years I am just using a basic 17 years old pioneer dvd player with the same Dac. The result is same as I felt with the use of Nad CD player and external Dac. So It is all our own rears and judgement.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back