New Optoma HD25E not working.. What can I do?

Shiv42

Hey guys,

So as some of you know, I recently got a Optoma HD25E from Amazon. The projector arrived on the 21st of July and I had it set up and running by the 10th of August or so.

It was working fine till today afternoon. Suddenly, I'm facing some issues.

Now, I tried to turn the projector on and something very weird happened. When I turn it on the following takes place:

a) The green light turns on.
b) One can hear the projector/fan start up.
c) The green light starts flashing for about 30 seconds.
d) After 30 seconds, one can hear it turn off and the green light turns off as well.
e) A-D are repeated 2-3 times.
f) Now, a orange light starts blinking and a red light turns up alongside.

I'm not sure why this is happening but it seems like a lamp issue - which is weird since it's got just about a 100 hours of use on it...

I was wondering what I should do now? Anyone have experience in such matter?

Really appreciate any help you can give me... Very worried about this.

Yes as per optoma manual that indicates Lamp issue...is your projector getting overheated generally?

Nope... Shouldn't be. Though it had got shutdown early a couple of times before I set up the UPS.

Tried to contact Optoma, horrible customer service - never had such a bad experience before.

However, I talked to Amazon and they've been fantastic. They credited me with $150 (what it costs to buy a new lamp) so I can order one. I'll still be paying shipping/taxes but it's still something.

Should I go ahead and order the lamp? Is that definitely the problem here? And would it be manageable to change the lamp myself?

Great, buy the lamp. Optoma is a known brand and you will be able to repair it in Delhi if it is not the lamp issue. sooner or later, the lamp will be needed.

Thanks guys. Will do that.

If, by chance, the lamp isn't a problem then I can still use the replacement lamp later correct? Like, it wont have any issues if I keep it in storage right?

Cheers!

Just as an update guys: tried a solution that worked.

Basically, I just took out the lamp and... put it back in. This seems to have worked and the lamp is now fully functional.

I have the same problem as the OP. My HD25e was working normally 2 days ago and yesterday got the red light steady and the orange light blinking.
I live in Mexicali, Mexico, which is one of the hottest cities in the world (around 45C in summer) and when I use the projector, it normally stays on at least 3 hours, almost daily.
I always activate the high-speed fan but I think its not enough...
My light bulb shouldnt have more than 700 hours, which is why its very rare. Ill send it for a diagnostic today but most probably will order a new lamp.

Just as an update guys: tried a solution that worked.

Basically, I just took out the lamp and... put it back in. This seems to have worked and the lamp is now fully functional.

good to know. so you also have $150 in hand which you can now use for some other purchase :yahoo:

by the way, how did you open the lamp to fix it back? was it easy?

Hey guys,

New to the forum but been an optoma hd 25 lv users for many years. I've also already replaced my bulb once already (mine was used for disply in maplins) anyhow, all has been working fine up until this morning. I reached for my new copy of watch dog 2, turned on my projector and had the same issue as above. Fan runs, no visual display of bulb usage. Read here to pop out the bulb ?? so I tried that and still no luck. I'm guessing the only other issue it could be is the colour wheel ?? even though last night it was working like a charm and now this. I've heard the colour wheel is a pretty expensive and hard thing to replace.

Does anyone know if this is true and has anyone since experienced another issue close to mine? Pretty gutted, turned 33 last night and awoke early to enjoy a new game and now this.

Happy to try any suggestions and I have no idea how much or where a colour wheel could be acquired.

Many thanks guys,

St. Remy

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back